Thread: Good paint shop in New England

Good paint shop in New England

Anyone have first hand experience with a very good paint shop in new England? I have a few small spots on my Emerald Green 73 S sunroof coupe that I would like to have touched up. The car is an original paint car in excellent condition except the few spots. I am looking for a shop with the expertise to shoot the original single stage paint on just the areas that need it.I am not looking for the blend and clear coat that everyone wants to do. I know it can be done to be vertually undetectable. The areas are fairly small. Anyone that has had this type of work done on their own car with fantastic results please contact me . I would appreciate the leads.

Dennis

Some of the early paints simply are not available any more. I have been looking to buy some acrylic lacquer for some touch ups as my car was repainted (very nice) 22 years ago in acrylic lacquer. If I could get this paint it would be a snap to touch up. You may have to use the newer 2 stage paints as the other paints are basically removed by the EPA.
    Vollgas!

http://www.ayereuropeanauto.com/index.html

They have an incredible set up and do some excellent work. They are located about 35 minutes north of Portland Maine.

If I were in your shoes, as the very lucky owner of an original paint car (something I'm lusting for), I would consider 2 places on the east coast:

John Paterek in New Jersey and Paul Russell in Essex, MA.

John is one of the leading authorities in the country on 356's and 911's, and Paul Russell works on an incredible variety of incredible cars to the highest imaginable standards.

I'm sure there are lots of other great shops around; these are just the ones I know.
    Early 911S Registry #224
    911S Targa 1973
    356B Roadster 1962

Dennis,

Have you had any luck with paint shops? It just so happens that I have a '75 Euro-Spec Carrera in Emerald Green that needs some touch-up also. I'm in Vermont and would love to know what your doing. Please send me a PM so we can talk.

Tim

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Matching old paint is proving to be extremely difficult what with paint formulae changing every couple weeks.

You might want to consider either:

Damon Josz
    Series 900 Coach Works
    Rte 114
    Sunapee, NH

(603) 863-0090

Or

Jerry Dascoli & Rainer Cooney
    Meister Restorations
    P.O.Box 846
    Alton, NH 03809-08046

(603) 776-3561
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!

Paint shop in Philly area?

Can anybody recommend someone in the Philadelphia, PA area to touch up the paint on my 1969 911S (gran prix white) and paint the hood of my metalic green 1981 911SC Targa?

don