Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monterey R Gruppe Photo

u copy the plate ?
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

silver GT was there for a reason

My apologies to those that may have been irked by my comment about the owner of the black Audi wagon. It really does piss me off when someone like that could be so insensitive about parking in a specially designated parking area which we went to great troubles to arrange with the hotel.

The entrance to our parking area was lined with orange cones so it should have been clear that the area was off limits to parking for others.

Every year, I take pride in being able to line up those ducktailed cars for our traditional "ducks in a row" photo shoot. This year we couldn't do it because of the black Audi wagon. Am I pissed, hell yeah! should I rip him a new one, maybe not to that extreme but i definitely would have loved the opportunity to say "hello" to him had I caught up with him in the parking lot.

as for the silver GT, it was there for a reason. Its where I asked Stephen Childs to park it when we all got back from the track on Sat.

I'm over it.

Cris
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=5][FONT=Impact]CRIS

Me too...over it! Apologies for the above comment, should have remembered it was a photo shoot...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Chris --
    If you got the plate # it can be traced. In Oregon a PI or a lawyer can do it if they have a good reason (defined by the law). Not sure what is needed in Calif.

Is it possible the guy saw the sign and thought it included him somehow - attended the event but didn't bring his 911??

Sorry I couldn't make it...

This is funny

There is a post with a link to this thread on one of the Audi forums...NO, its not my car. I didn't make it down to Marque Madness this past weekend. It is someone I know though. Did you ever think that he was parked there BEFORE all of you were? That apparently is the case according to him. Before coming to conclusions..everyone should know the full story. I feel your pain though..I have done group fotos before..and I was urked when a non-marque car ended up in our zone. I am sure he didn't know you all were going to park there..when he parked. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by S4wood
    Did you ever think that he was parked there BEFORE all of you were?
    That's very interesting..

I arrived early Thursday afternoon and stood around in the Parking lot until 9:00 PM and never saw the Audi come or go. It mysteriously showed up Friday. Whatever the real story is, it shows poor form to hang somewhere you're not invited.
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Holy sh*t you guys...get a grip.

I am the owner of the aforementioned black Audi wagon.

This is addressed to everybody, not one particular member.

Before you accuse someone of parking in a "specially designated parking area", you should make sure it is a specially designated parking area. Do you know when I parked my car there? Thursday night (and just for you Bummler, I arrived at the lobby at about 9:30pm, parked my car in front, and ate dinner with some friends at Knuckles. An hour-and-a-half later, I moved my car to said parking lot. Do the math). There were no signs (nor were there ever, actually), no cones, and no Porsches in the lot at that time. In fact there was nothing at all in the lot except my car.

The one time that I drove my car (Saturday pm), I left at 7pm and returned at about 10:30pm. You may have been too busy to notice that the entire parking lot was full--except for the spot my car was parked the night before, so that's where I parked again.

Sorry if I spoiled your party, but come on--track my license plate number? Hire a PI? Rip me a new one? Get a hold of yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAudiWagon
    I am the owner of the aforementioned black Audi wagon.

Do you know when I parked my car there? Thursday night (and just for you Bummler, I arrived at the lobby at about 9:30pm, parked my car in front, and ate dinner with some friends at Knuckles. An hour-and-a-half later, I moved my car to said parking lot. Do the math). There were no signs (nor were there ever, actually), no cones, and no Porsches in the lot at that time. In fact there was nothing at all in the lot except my car.
    I did the math and here's the answer.

My car and many others like it that arrived early Thursday afternoon were parked in that lot ALL OF Thursday night. We never moved them until the next morning's tour to Canepa's. In other words the lot was far from empty. Did you perhaps arrive Wednesday? Nonetheless you just had to leave the car there didn't you...

A photo of the lot taken Thursday afternoon is below...
    Stefan Josef Koch
    2015 Porsche Cayman S

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Dude, he didn't do it on purpose...what, are you implying he is lying? Love the comment "you just had to leave the car there didn't you...". Sorry dude...how did he know you were gonna do a photo shoot? Did you post signs? A better photo shoot would have been in a corral at the track anyway. BTW, did your group take up the whole frickin parking lot? Sounds sorta like it. This is all said and done...get over it. Lastly, I am not just some flamer...I started the NorCal Audi Club back in 1997 with a friend. I fully understand your viewpoint.

Dude, he didn't do it on purpose...what, are you implying he is lying?
    Or blind "Dude"...

BTW, did your group take up the whole frickin parking lot?
    Hotel arranged and OK'd it... "Dude"

I fully understand your viewpoint.
    Doesn't appear you do from your comments "Dude"
    Stefan Josef Koch
    2015 Porsche Cayman S