Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you all from der Gruppemeister!

Thank you all from der Gruppemeister!

Just want to extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone who attended this year's Monterey event. It was made even more enjoyable for me this year by not having to do any of the organizing as I have done in the last 5 years prior. I can only thank So. Cal Chaptermeister, Roger Grago for volunteering to take over this responsibility this year and thus giving me a much needed break this year.

For those of you whom I couldn't place a name to during the dinner banquet (I didn't miss many that I know ; ) my apology. I do take pride in knowing personally just about each and everyone in this club.

Special thanks also goes to the following people:
    Frank Enea and Lee Meljnek - for organizing the Friday's tour to Canepa and
    the Sat. driving tour planning.
    Bruce Canepa - for his hospitality during our tour of his facilities on Friday
    Bruce Hermann - for the tickets for the Sat. race at Laguna Seca
    Thorsten Klein - for the design and layout of this year's event logo
    Pete Johnson aka "Pedro Johannsen" - for arranging the merchandise orders
    Cain de Vore, Randy Well and Gary Schultz -
    for the Sat. dinner banquet presentatiom
    Mike Sofka, Sam & Cindy del Cioppo - for assisting during the weekend
    Eade Hopkinson - for allowing us to use his trailer for the merchandise pick up
    and providing the "libation" during our Sat. parking lot party

Thank you also to all to those who donated their products for the Sat. raffles
    Sherwood Lee, Dave Buhain, Curt Autenreith, Mark Setzer, Rob Monastes, Hayden Burvill (WEVO), Kevin Beard (Piloti), Randy Wells Photograhpy and I know I left out a few more so please accept my apology for the oversight.

Thanks for the memories:
    Roger Grago - for allowing me to take the lead and make the grand entry into the Sat race. That was quite a sight to behold to see the strings of R Gruppe 911s in tow.

Stephen Childs - for extending a once in a lifetime opportunity for yours truly to get behind the wheel of his Carrera GT yesterday. I still have this stupid grin on my face and it won't come off

all in all, I had quite a blast this weekend. R Gruppe is my passion and I'm honored to have gathered together one of the most enthusiastic and loyal group of followers that lives up to our credo.

"Keep it fun and enjoy the cars, the people and the event"

godspeed to all,

Cris Huergas
    Gruppemeister
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=5][FONT=Impact]CRIS

Chris-
    We had a blast this year and all the hard work that the volunteers put it was terrific!! Very nice touch getting us FREE passes into Laguna for Saturday- just too cool
    lookin forward to 2006
    dave bouzaglou
    (anyone know what my R gruppe # is?)
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by TRE Cup
    dave bouzaglou
    (anyone know what my R gruppe # is?)
    Sounds like a fun weekend.

Hey Dave you are #186. I guess the spyder is long gone?
    186 David Bouzaglou 1970 911E Spyder conversion.

With respect to the speeding tickets and the off road excursion perhaps a track day can again be considered for next year?

hi mike
    the spyder is still in gestation phase- small deal of a house rehab in the way.
    thanks and your car looks to be a monster! Reminds me of the womp-womp 1/32 Porsche slot car. Joe is doing a great job
    Re: track day for next year's R Gruppe- I'm all for that!
    Regards
    Dave B
    R Gruppe 186 !
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Thank you!!!

Many thanks Roger, Chris, and all the othersthat made the annual meeting so much fun!!! Couldn't been better!!!
    Ed
    Ed Barnett
    RGruppe #124
    Northern California Racing Club
    American Racing Club
    Member, Northwest Hillclimb Association

Thumbs up

BIG THANKS...

To all who organized a GREAT weekend....

Sam, Cindy, Eade, Mike, Pete, Gary, Randy, Cain, Thorsten, Cris and all I've missed...

AND... A very special thanks to Roger who got this one all together...

Cheers buddy... you did GREAT !!!!!!!!! ........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks for a great weekend

I had a wonderful weekend in Monterey, except for the foolish ticket!

Thanks to everyone that made this an awsome event. Meeting friendly people with our shared passion is what made it so much fun.

Chuck Miller gave me a ride in his blue car and it is fast! The new engine and his balanced chassis makes for a great car. Thanks Chuck.

I had a blast on the drive home with Pete Johnson, Cain Devore and Fred Stewart, but we had trouble keeping up with Fred. He is a wild man!
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Cris? Sorry I couldn't make it to Monterey. But always remember, YOU started it all. Best, Paul
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Cris,

My congrats for another (seemingly) great event. It's now the 3rd one I've watched from afar. The first one while my car was undergoing restoration. The second one (last year) because my car had 'issues'. Now my 3rd one, as I still have engine 'issues'. I'm sadly still parked, awaiting the disposable funds or a good friend (yet undiscovered) with the time and skill to help me truly understand what's going on with my car.

That said (sorry for the downer), I take inspiration from all the photos and the word of fun and good support from the group. Keep in mind that we are all blessed and all this stuff is gravvy, even random black audi's.

Hope to limp over to EASY soon.

Chris
    Chris Purpura @civilizedmisfit
    Member #479
    Current Cars:
    1972 911T aka The "Civilized Misfit" Build
    See: https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...vilized-misfit
    Miss February - EarlySRegistry 2023 Calendar
    1968 911S Ossi Blau/Beige Corduroy

Past Cars:
    2019 911 Carrera GTS (sold, no regrets)
    73S - #1100 (restored and now somewhere in Europe)
    1997 993 Carrera 4S Black on Black (sold)

Cris, I know you, you know me. Don't let the bastards wear you down. Hey, what did I know? When I first saw the pic, I assumed the Audi was a Cayenne support vehicle. Gotta admit to my own prejudices here though...if it pumps water for cooling? It doesn't need to be in an R Gruppe group photo...No matter how much it costs or who made it or who owns it. This is NOT meant as a personal attack on anyone. I think you know that...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)