Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    What Audi???
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Last I recall, Ferdinand Porsche's grandson was running VW/Audi. Has that changed?
    1970 911S Coupe (Burgundrot) (sold)
    1967 911 Coupe (Light Ivory) (mostly gone)
    1966 911 Coupe (Sand Beige) (sold)
    Van Diemen RF99 Formula Continental
    Citation F1000 on the way
    Van Diemen Hayabusa SCCA Formula S (sale pending)
    Other Early 911/912/914

Quote Originally Posted by roblav
    Last I recall, Ferdinand Porsche's grandson was running VW/Audi. Has that changed?
    Piech retired in 2002
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

For those of you who do not know.....

I did not view the mutual distress concerning the Audi S4 wagon. I was there.. without a Porsche and, even tho paid all fees did not feel it proper to be putting my wife's allroad in the lot and fought elsewhere to find parking.

ANYONE who parked into this lot with a non-Porsche should have been spanked. It required no medical degree to figure out that all those cones blocking the entry had a reason for being there as the R Gruppe paid the Hyatt Regency for the exclusive use of the lot. There was no way someone wandered in the lot without knowing.

Just stating the facts. I don't really care about the political bs but the S4 owner was totally wrong.
    John Rice

I diffinently see both sides of the verbal sparring.

Being passionate about something brings rewards. Rewards like this website, RGruppe, and even Porsche. If the Porsche family hadn't had their passion and vison we wouldn't be driving these cars.

Chris and the RGruppe guys are passionate about these cars. When you go the extra mile to organize an event like this sure your gonna get your pants in a twisty when someone is so inconsiderate. His reaction was emotional. Rightly so.

What the Audi guy did is equivalent to walking across a freshly vacuumed carpet with muddy shoes. Do you think the person doing the vacuuming is going to be alright with it? I don't think so.

The other side of the coin is that when you take yourself too serious you leave yourself open to pot shots.

I don't think the pot shots were intended with malice. I think humor was the intention. To not be able to laugh at yourself, however, only fuels the fire and the fued was on. I found some quite humorous myself. Childish? Absolutely. But I don't think any of us can claim being completely grown up. I for one can claim no upper ground when it comes to being grown up about my Porsches.

Here's the real kicker. The guy with the Audi is getting the last laugh because the Porsche guys are internally feuding. We need to band together brothers. I think it's time for payback.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Light,Nimble,Uncivilized
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobboloo
    I don't think the pot shots were intended with malice. I think humor was the intention. To not be able to laugh at yourself, however, only fuels the fire and the fued was on. I found some quite humorous myself. Childish? Absolutely. But I don't think any of us can claim being completely grown up. I for one can claim no upper ground when it comes to being grown up about my Porsches.
    Ditto...absolutely correct.

[flame suit on] I'm the one that started this whole mess with my post on Pelican (Drago...that's me)...it was about the humor, certainly not malicous in intent. The fact that a handful of R-Grupper's cannot laugh at themselves is unfortunate and certainly doesn't show well with other, non-R-Gruppe people.

[/flame suit off]

In all honesty I never would have thought those threads would have gone as far as they have...attempting to derail them seems to be impossible but I'm still trying.

Can the rgruppe get their own forum? I am sick of their bitching. Get over it...
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

One observation I had was, and this is if there was only one parking lot, The patrons at the Hyatt, other than Rgruppe, also paid to stay there, this includes them being able to park their car at the Hotel, not down the street. If he did it knowingly( the jury is still out), I beleive he was in the wrong. As has already been said, It could have easily been handled by a visit to the office.

Anyway just a thought...

More than Original
    Get over it everyone, you can't change the past. There's no reason to argue what someone’s intentions were. There is no reason one person and one car should divide us. All these threads are for Drama Queens! The RGruppe is a great bunch of guys, they have been more than hospitable to me on several occasions. Go to any event and talk to anyone and see for yourself.

We're all one family with a shared passion for Porsche, so lets start talking cars again.
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

The facts

Hello all,
    Hopefully I can put this BS about the Black Audi in the Hyatt parking lot TO REST! Also a little soapbox time about any kind of group bashing.
    1. I made ALL the arrangements with the Hyatt for the R Gruppe event. Those arrangements included the Hyatt staff having the racketball court parking lot RESERVED AND BLOCKED OFF for the R Gruppe participants with six large traffic cones, as was done by the Hyatt last year for the R Gruppe. Those cones were in place Thursday afternoon at 4:00 when I arrived Hyatt and remained there until Sunday noon. The Black Audi was NOT there in the parking lot Thursday afternoon when I arrived at the Hyatt.
    2. Yes, most of the front parking lots were very full most of the weekend but, there was plenty of parking in the lots behind my hotel room ALL WEEKEND.
    3. I watched the owner of the Black Audi wagon pull out of the lot Saturday night with a few friends in his car JUST after everyone left the lot and started heading to the banquet Saturday night.
    4. Yes, there was disappointment when our annual photo was not what we wanted. But there was nothing more violent than a few expletives thrown at the car - no vandalism, no calling the owner out to the bike racks to settle it. I think the muddy shoes on a clean floor is a good comparison. I just wonder what the reaction would be if some non partiipant rearranged the cones on an autocross course or parked their vehicle in the middle of turn 4 at Willow just before a track sesion was to start?
    If you think your Porsche is better than mine or what you do with your car is better than what I do with mine, so be it. I don't care, although it is sad to see this forum slipping to the Junior High School level that the Pelican board has become.
    And yes, I'm sure that those of you out there who sit behind that keyboard waiting to fire will be unloading on me as soon as this post is submitted.
    All the best!
    Roger Grago
    So Cal R Gruppe Chaptermeister