Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audi parking lot

Question Go to the office?

BTW Gulf, when was the last time any hotel gave any information regarding another guest to you when you've asked for it? Just curious.
    All the best!
    Roger Grago

"I never would have thought those threads would have gone as far as they have..."

- Hey that's nothing -- you should have seen my suggestion that sandpaper would solve the oil leak problems instead of a $300 "billet" valve cover... that went on & on (partly my fault, I'll admit)

Just as a point of reference and w/o beating a dead horse (I know, I still am), hotel management didn't ask for my car info or license number. This was also the case according to other guests. Thus, I'm not sure what hotel management could have done to notify the owner except leave a note or call a tow truck or a portable car crusher. Obviously, none of us were so outraged as to resort to that drastic step (tow truck).

As explained by said owner in another thread, he wasn't around often enough nor at the opportune time to be asked. At the time, I just figured space at the hotel must have been really tight to have to continually park in the middle of a parking lot full of club cars. Uh, okay.

I must admit, had a couple of floor jacks been available on Sat., I was of a mind to temporarily move the car to set up a shot. Alas, none of us were apparently anal enough to go this option ... or maybe a steak dinner was a better option at the time. In my case, I think filling my belly won out.

On Sunday morning, I saw him at his car still surrounded by a parking lot full of club cars. No comments or inquiries from him to others as far as I know.

Hey, let's seque to the time the group went to breakfast awhile back and we all parked around this green Nissan Sentra (GNS). Inconsiderate bastard. We waited and waited, but he didn't come out to move it.

Sherwood
    (still waiting for a response from GNS :-0)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS
    [flame suit on] I'm the one that started this whole mess with my post on Pelican (Drago...that's me)...it was about the humor, certainly not malicous in intent. The fact that a handful of R-Grupper's cannot laugh at themselves is unfortunate and certainly doesn't show well with other, non-R-Gruppe people.

[/flame suit off]

In all honesty I never would have thought those threads would have gone as far as they have...attempting to derail them seems to be impossible but I'm still trying.
    I think it is admirable of you to post here, Marc, and I personally believe you. I probably do take my job as PacWest Chaptermeister of R Gruppe too seriously, but I've been laughing my ass off at the antics exhibited by some folks on Pelican this week. Finally posted, and it seems when treated in kind it didn't feel too good to one of them..

Whatever, I'm over it. Good luck over there on Pelican.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Quote Originally Posted by rst73
    BTW Gulf, when was the last time any hotel gave any information regarding another guest to you when you've asked for it? Just curious.
    All the best!
    Roger Grago
    Actually never, but then again I hadn't paid to reserve a parking lot that someone else was in, apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by rst73
    I just wonder what the reaction would be if some non partiipant rearranged the cones on an autocross course or parked their vehicle in the middle of turn 4 at Willow just before a track sesion was to start?
    Not a good analogy. These would be putting peoples lives in danger. No offense to anyone but what he did isn't even in the ballpark of your analogy.

All the best back at ya!

Light,Nimble,Uncivilized
    Quote Originally Posted by a911s
    I think it is admirable of you to post here, Marc, and I personally believe you.

Good luck over there on Pelican.
    Thanks Randy, I really do appreciate that.

I'm working on hanging out here more...unfortunately my latest scheme involves an early 'T', not an 'S'.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS
    Thanks Randy, I really do appreciate that.

I'm working on hanging out here more...unfortunately my latest scheme involves an early 'T', not an 'S'.
    Congratulations, I hope you get it - you are welcome here as far as I'm concerned.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

The one thing in all of this that's frustrating is that no one has questioned the veracity of the "testimony" of BAW. If you go back and read through his explanation of what occurred and the timing of events his story changes.

First he claimed there were no cones and no Porsches whatsoever in the lot on Thursday night. In fact he claimed there was not a single car in the lot QUOTE: In fact there was nothing at all in the lot except my car. This is a complete and total falsehood as there were at least 20 cars there.

Then he starts to back off and goes on to say on the Pelican board QUOTE: When I parked in that spot late Thursday night, there were no cones, no signs, and very few (if any) Porsches. There was clearly no organized gathering at that time. As explained on the other forum, I didn't even see my car again until Saturday night when I used it to drive to dinner. But then he contradicts himself by stating QUOTE: Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I did grab my car Friday night to go eat. Knowing full well now that this an organized Porsche event evident by the sheer number of cars in attendance he still parks in the now (he admits) coned off and designated parking lot. His fall back position being that "no one confronted him" about parking there.

It seems as he goes on with his story it continually changes. This has nothing to do with Audi’s or the people who drive them. Just a simple matter of manners and consideration of others organized events.

This is a waste of time and effort. Roger's explanation of events as they occurred is right on the money. Its over, I just needed to set the record straight and get my final .02 in.
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Well, I think the entire thing was unfortunate- he was inconsiderate, we over-reacted, he was too defensive, others piled on without understanding the facts- now R Gruppe has has another mostly (completely?) undeserved black eye in the world of Porsche enthusiasts. I can't imagine that this is a good thing for the gruppe in the long run, but there are so many jerks looking for a fight with us now that I don't know how we avoid it in the future. Bummer.

I'm pretty much done with Pelican, its no longer as much fun as it was.
    David Schultz
    1973 911T 2.7
    R Gruppe #228
    Www.davidschultz-id.com
    www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/turbo_dave

Not Again?
    Attached Images Attached Images