Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: correckt steering wheel stiches

correckt steering wheel stiches

Hi,

iam living in norway ,but have my own restoration shop in Vilnius, Lituania.

I cant find any good foto of the correckt stiches for leather steering wheels for early 911.
    can any one send me or post it?

we have done some steering wheels for old Ferrari , but i dont think they use the same stiches ?

thanks

jan krakevik
    i work with sculptures on wheelshttp://picasaweb.google.com/Jancarfactory

Here's a couple of pics Evren took of the dash of my car. Hope you can make out the sitches. The steering wheel is original, never worked on.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

sterring

hi

thanks, yes it helps ...a little, no fotos from the side?

how thick should they be?

i just got a new Prototypo Mono steering wheel from pelican.. i never in my life seen such uneven stiches.. should they be like that or is it made in china?

i consider to "restore" my new prototypo steering wheel.

i tryed to upload some fotos of our work , but it seems they are to big..any one help please?

Jan

Email the pictures to me and I will resize them and post them here for you.

nick@early911.co.uk

What other work do you do?
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

resto

thanks

now we restore, and i mean restore , not only paint jobs..

4 Datsun 240z ,(one will drive monte carlo rally next year)
    BMW 3.0csi
    BMW M6 - total rebuild, engine ect.
    Mustang 64.5 cab
    911 cupe 1967
    Datsun roadster 2000 sport
    Nissan 280zx turbo cupe.

later we will work on Pantera and some Alfa -Romeo bertone cupes

i have 600kvm workshop now,and i am invest all my money and more to get a workshop LIKE i want it , and to give top quality for a resonable price.

Here are the pictures that Jan sent to me

Wow! Jan, that's quite a shop! Thank you for rescuing these cars from the ravages of the tin worm. I have another that may show more from the side. I'll post it. Also, "how thick should they be?", do you mean the distance between stitches? I have a set of cheap calipers, could try to measure for you if I knew where you wanted the measurements taken.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Darn! Now I see that the stitches are out of focus. I don't have a digital camera here. I guess I'm too computer ignorant to use one. If I can help by taking any measurements, let me know...but do keep in mind this is an original wheel, not a smaller diameter "sport" wheel like a prototipo...

resto

hi

thanks, about rust... funny most of my cara are "rust free californian cars")

i would like to have the diameter og the steering wheel.?

and i am looking for good cars to restore, i dont see any problems with rust or damage..we build them like new