Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Sale #1 1971 911E

Spring Sale #1 1971 911E

1971E, vin 9111200923, engine 6211399, delivered June 21, 1971. Purchased from a PCA member in New Jersey in July 2003. Approximately 73k. Located in St Louis. Car was refurbished in 2003 including paint, motor, carpet by previous owner who also has a shop in NJ. PPI done by Powertech of Rockaway NJ. Leak down results, 5%,5%,6%,4%,2%,6%. "Work performed on car during restoration appears to be very good".

Since owning I have been chasing "perfection". I've added a set of Hella driving lites & a Dansk Sport muffler. I've got receipts for more than $3k. MFI is in great shape. No rust, no dings. She needs, if I keep her, a new period correct radio. The seats are original. The passenger seat is excellent, the driver seat has two seam that have come loosened that I will have correctly repaired. While the paint is quite glossy there is one drip mark in the drivers rear quarter. Instruments are all functioning including the clock.

Why am I selling? Simply, I have nine Porshes ranging from 1969 R Gruppe 2.9T to a Speed Yellow 2000 Boxster S. Call it thinning the herd or whatever, each needs to be exercised & time is at a premium. Each of my cars is rare & two are "brand new". Hope this makes sense.

I would be happy to discuss the car at length & will be happy to provide my main mechanics name & number as well. I can be reached M-F 9-5 at 314 889 1002 & St Louis is Central time. My asking price is $24000 & I hope the pictures attach correctly although they don't quite do it total justice. Rust free, ding free, a really nice example of the 2.2 genre. Thanks for looking.

Spring Sale

I am having picture issues. Will try to fix. Thanks, Joe Delleville

PM sent. What color is it?

Spring Sale

Color is Irish Green over Tan vinyl. Still working on loading photos, having a hard time reducing the size.

Joe Delleville

admin_old

Photos

Joe,

If you would like some help with the photos, send them to webadmin. I can reduce the file size and post them for you.

Thanks.

--
    Michael

Spring

As soon as I get home this evening. Thank you.

admin_old
    First group of photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

admin_old
    Second set.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not bad. Not bad at all.
    1970 911S Coupe (Burgundrot) (sold)
    1967 911 Coupe (Light Ivory) (mostly gone)
    1966 911 Coupe (Sand Beige) (sold)
    Van Diemen RF99 Formula Continental
    Citation F1000 on the way
    Van Diemen Hayabusa SCCA Formula S (sale pending)
    Other Early 911/912/914

Spring Sale 911E Update

Took the E to the body guy I've used in the past as well as to my regular mechanic at Reid Vann, St. Louis.
    Body guy called the paint, "krill", said it was a very thick single coat. He felt it was a repaint of the original color although he wants to pull out the rear seats to be sure.
    My mechanic went over the car & found updated suspension ie. not the E hydro pneumatic. Konis at all 4 wheels, no stabilizer bars, front brake discs are s type, wheels are 15/6 with 195/65 Dunlops with about 90% tread life remaining.
    These were questions asked in PM's, hope this info helps.