Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to John D.'s tour of Specialty Powder Coatings?

What happened to John D.'s tour of Specialty Powder Coatings?

I have not heard one word since I replied to his email saying I would go. It was set for this Sat., 5/21, IIRC. Or did I miss it?

Milt,

Will try to get a hold of John tonight about this... will keep you informed bud

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

More than Original
    It's still on the events area on the home page, I am all set.

For others who may not have heard:
    "Early 911S Breakfast and Specialized Power Coating Tour

May 21 Upcoming breakfast and tour of Specialized Power Coating set up by Dan Kotanian.

Here is the outline for Saturday 5/21.

We meet at 8:30 AM at Coco's Restaurant at 6886 Bolsa in N. Huntington Beach (phone 714 893 7020). It just off the 405 Freeway and right across from the Westminster Mall. Plenty of parking and plenty of room inside. I spoke to one of the managers, and he indicated they can accommodate our group on a Saturday morning.

We'll all leave together about 9:45 for a quick run over to Specialized which is located at 5862 Research Drive in the industrial park near Boeing (phone 714 841 2479).

Keith Crecelius is one of the owners and has been very supportive of the S Registry. He's is one of our advertisers and has owned several early cars. They have been working with Andial over the past year to provide ceramic exhaust coatings that match the look of original paint.

The titanium ceramic finish is really cool! This location is brand new with plenty of parking. They just bought the building last year and installed all NEW equipment. They have the capability to powder coat a complete auto frame, sprint car chassis, etc.

Keith will give us a tour and show us the process and examples of various parts and coatings -- heater boxes, mufflers, etc.

In order for them to open on Saturday, we will need about 25 people in attendance.

Since they are one of our local advertisers, we really need to turn out for this one.

Please email John Dilger at johndilger@aol.com with the number of people that will be attending, we want to make a good showing. This will be a good opportunity to show your car to the local members."
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

What's a "home page"?

More than Original
    A home page is a place no one visits.
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

You got that right. How many are going? Speak up guys.

BTW, I took all my MFI linkage to the plater today. They said tomorrow for pick up. I hope. Fri at the latest, or I'll be pulling six strings from the cockpit to get there.

*** ATTENTION ***

With apologies to Milt, DB, and the three other people who responded back to John D.

With regrets, The event to Specialized Powder Coating has been cancelled for lack of interest…

We needed a minimum to make it worth while for them to open their doors on their day off… and we weren’t close…

We will try to schedule another event soon…

Apologies again,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

More than Original
    Looks like time will be on your side now Milt.

If anyones looking for an event there is the Die Cast Collectors Expo/RCX at the Anaheim Convention Center. RCX is a radio control show for electric and nito RC cars, boats and planes. Big dreams maybe can become a small reality.

http://www.diecastxmagazine.com/marketing/expopage.asp
    http://www.rcx.com
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller

We needed a minimum to make it worth while for them to open their doors on their day off… and we weren’t close…
    Well, I'm a little disappointed. But, first of all, I'm a noob AFA Early S and R Gruppe gatherings, runs and events. In my short time associated, I have observed two things: NO one RSVP's and people simply show up whenever there's something going on. You name a time, place and leave it at that.

Now, if I were the business owner, I would have opened my doors on Sat for a couple of hours for anyone and not expected a "minimum." I would have also done some promoting on my own instead of leaving it all on John's shoulders. I'm not at all impressed.

B.D., I'll have breakfast with you anytime. Let's go. Maybe some others will "show up." Same place?

Saturday morning...Plan B

For those with Saturday morning plans open...

Crystal Cove at 0700 hours, then 3Thirty3 for B&B at 0900, a GREAT new restaurant across the street from the Porsche dealer...

I received the flyer at last Saturday's Crystal Cove..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI