Thread: Where to get 1970 Workshop Manual?

Where to get 1970 Workshop Manual?

Missed the set on ebay by a few $s

anyone know where I can get a reprint or copy of a workshop manual (I think its 2 volumes) that covers the 1970 model yr. I want the factory manuals that had the real pictures and good detail.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

RANT TIME. It is disgusting that people are charging $200 for PHOTOCOPIES. Makes me SICK. Every rare vehicle I have ever worked on except Porsches, you can find the manuals online in PDF format for free. Will someone please take one for the team and stop this disgusting profiteering?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I posted a similar question regarding my 71 recently. You can see the responses here: http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...factory+manual

I talked to the different people that responded and the cheapest original copy that I founds was $450. I also contacted Glenn regarding copies and I have his contact information and some photos of his manuals. He seemed pretty genuine on the phone and he sent me photos of what the manuals look like. I did not buy them as I am still unsure whether I want to break down and buy the copies, or keep fighting it out on Ebay for an original manual.

If you want me to forward you the photos, send me your email address at porsche911s1971@yahoo.com. I'll get them over to you. -Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-71S

"The 1970-to-1971 2.2-liter S with mechanical fuel injection is the absolute top choice. These 2.2 S engines are short-stroke, high-compression powerhouses without substantial emissions-control clutter, and they have a powerband with gobs of high-rpm torque. With their mechanical fuel injection still intact, they make a spine-tingling shriek as they shoot to redline."

Forbes magazine 7/29/03
    Email: http://picasaweb.google.com/sandiego...eat=directlink

911 workshop manuals

if I do find an original on ebay do I need volumes I & II to cover 1970?
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

It is amazing sometimes when you see the things that happen around P-cars. Geez, it's not like these things are unobtainium or anything like that. If I had the manuals I'd make a .pdf for all to share, but I don't unfortunately.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Volume 1 & II cover the cars through 1971. I believe volume III starts with the 72 911s. -M

I have my eyeballs on these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

If they don't get bid up too high, I'll be the one who "takes one for the team". I'm not one to complain, then do nothing about it.

I'll let you know if I win them and keep you updated on the PDF progress.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

You'd think P AG would release these on a pdf. They could make a tidy profit if they charged half the going rate, and get a lot of good will, not to mention the advertising benefits. Nor would it harm the dealers, since they do little or nothing for the 30 year old cars...

I have photocopied manuals that I will distribute if someone wants to pay for copying, shipping and a little bit of my time.

Send me a PM.
    Early S Reg #675

An Observation

It's been a few years, but when i bought my last set from the Porsche dealer in central CA (My Porsche, if I recall) the set Vol I, II, and all the supplements and advisories, the cost was over $300.
    There is a LOT of information there, i can't imagine the work to scan it all...not a job I would tackle without an auto feed double side scanner, if there is such a thing...?
    I agree that Porsche should make this available on a CD, a really positive gesture to the loyal following of their early cars. Problem then solved for all time.
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa