Thread: Anyone know any history for this RS?

Anyone know any history for this RS?

Greetings. This RS is mine. I have had it about a few years now and done almost nothing to trace its history. PO bought it through a broker and, unfortunately, no prior history was known. At that time it was pretty much a race car and RS values had declined from the old record highs, it had not been of interest.

So, might anyone know anything about:

911 360 1122

Original G.P. White with red stripes. German market spec.

All info appreciated. Confidentiality if desired.

Thanks

John Rice
    complete car idiot
    "Too many Porsches"
    ex-SCCA and the fire still burns [so did my $$$]
    PCA on-off since 60s
    R Grupper
    proud member-Old Guys Still Dumb Enough to Race

The color sounds correct as it is listed on this RS site:

http://www.classicscars.com/chassis/porsche/rs003.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-71S

"The 1970-to-1971 2.2-liter S with mechanical fuel injection is the absolute top choice. These 2.2 S engines are short-stroke, high-compression powerhouses without substantial emissions-control clutter, and they have a powerband with gobs of high-rpm torque. With their mechanical fuel injection still intact, they make a spine-tingling shriek as they shoot to redline."

Forbes magazine 7/29/03
    Email: http://picasaweb.google.com/sandiego...eat=directlink

John,

This may seem obvious but have you contacted Dr. Konradsheim? He may know some of the history of your car.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Too obvious!

Yes, too obvious for me. I certainly will give him a shot. I have read everything ever written about them. Never occured to me that he might know anything other than all the details of their being built.

I suppose I have always imagined that I would run into someone who would say "Hey! That's Bill's old RS" and it would go on from there. Tho, most recent RS buyers seem to be more inclined to want to believe thier particular car spent its entire live being loved, polished, pampered in a glass enclosed space in someone's living room instead of the much more adventuresome life that most of them have led. Like someone marrying a society woman and discovering that she used to pull trains for the Angels.

Thanks for the idea. Nothing to loose.

Hey John, according to Gruber & Konradsheim-

-West German delivery
    -Pirellis
    -M472 Touring
    -built 4/73
    -Outside mirror passenger side
    -Driver's sportseat
    -Antenna left side and speaker
    -Engine compartment light
    -Shoulder/lap belts
    -Collision bar rear

Raced extensively by Bill... (not really )

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

John,

Dr. K. (not the real Dr. K. that we all know here ) has been a dealer of '73 RS cars and other Porsches for many years. Chances are that he might know a past owner or some past history on your car, especially if it has been in Europe for many years. Worth a shot anyway. Hope you get lucky.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299