Thread: Fuel Delivery Problem?

Fuel Delivery Problem?

Still trying to find the cause of the miss in my 68S at 5k and up. Everything is new in the ignition (all stock). Put a new clear fuel filter on to watch the fuel flow. While reving the engine to 6k to check timing I noticed very little fuel in the filter. Engine was missing. The filter on its side was 1/4 to 1/2 full, when I reved the engine it sucked the fuel down even lower. Took the fuel line off with the filter still on and put into a container and had plenty of flow. But when I put the line back on and ran the engine fuel just trickles into the filter. Is this normal? It doesn't look like enough fuel at high rpm. Anyone have any ideas?
    1968 911S Soft Window Targa

More than Original
    I know when I had a clear filter it was not full, there was air inside.

Are your sure the car is missing at over 5K there is so much noise above 4K it's hard to clearly here anything. What about the timing? Dieter at Andial and I were talking about Webers and timing and he advised me not to set idle and timing based on the tach reading. The tach is usaully off, instead use a timing light with an digital rpm readout. Also don't worry about the timing at idle so much, be more concerned with total advance. As long as there is no pinging you are fine. I set my timing all by ear and the car runs great and I just check the timing with the light.

Good luck!
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

Similar Threads

1. Can anything else look like a fuel surge problem?
    By obrut in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 10:37 PM
  2. Fuel delivery set-up for stock Webers
    By 911TES in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 09:49 AM
  3. fuel level indicator problem
    By Neil '67 911S in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 05:37 PM
  4. 1971 911S fuel problem?