Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to find new owner of '73 Kelly Green 911E coupe

Question Trying to find new owner of '73 Kelly Green 911E coupe

Hi Guy's!

I'm new to group. I used to own a '73 911E coupe that was Kelly green. I sold the car to James Spader, the movie actor, back in '97. I ran into him a couple of years ago in L.A. and asked him about the car. He said that he had sold it to a fellow in San Francisco. I'm trying to track down it's current owner to just to see how the car is doing.... I miss it! Can anyone help me out? THANKS!

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    I'd seen a Viper Green 911E travelling around the Hollywood area and had heard that was Spader's car. And like all good Hollywood rumors, there's no truth to it.

Good luck on your search.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

I sold him my car in May of '97... it was a kelly green '73E coupe, no roof, tan leatherette with sport seats, original paint with 7's all around. It was sweet. He sent a long haul transport to pick it up in Colorado and bring it to California. I may have to try and get a hold of him, somehow, to find the guy he sold it to. I really hope it went to somebody who loved it! It was so original and so nice. I never should of sold it. I'd love to see it again!

That car was absolutely stunning!!!

I saw the car in late January 2000 at the LA literature show/Dunkels swapmeet.

I still have the pics somewhere....not sure what disc they are on, but I have the thumbnails in front of me.

Kelly Green (or is that Viper Green?), tan interior w/ sport seats, refinished 7's, Euro lenses, and black splash guards on the rear wheel wells.

I was asked to drive the car for the potential buyer.... He was trying to do a deal with Spader's car buddy/agent. I thought the car drove great, with the possible exception of a balky shifter going from 1st to 2nd. Other than that it was fantastic. Price on the car was $17K or $19K. I told the guy I would buy it if he didn't. He bought it, and I never saw him again. Sorry can't tell you his name.

regards,
    Eric

I guess if there is to be a lesson to be learned here, it's to think long and hard if you're thinking of selling a car you like. The regret of selling may remain long after the money is gone.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Oh...by the way, it also had an oil cooler on it. I'll find the disc tonight, and post pics for all.... Man the paint on that car was MINT!!! As was the undercarriage.... I remember being even more impressed as the mileage on the car was somewhere over 100K. One final note, the car had chrome bumper guards on it....which I thought looked great on this car.

regards,
    Eric

Wow! This sounds like my old car alright, except that it had the black front bumper guards with the bars that protected the factory airconditioning condenser behind the spoiler. That condenser hung a little lower than the bottom of the S spoiler. It didn't have chrome bumpers though. It had the correct black rubber bumpers, front and back...humm... those black mud guards though... I always wanted to take those off- they were there when I bought the car! It was indeed Kelly green and when I sold it to Spader it had 118,000 original miles... as I remember. Those weren't refinished wheels either. They were original finish, correct 7" factory Fuchs that were optional in '73. I was the third owner. The car was from Texas originally... Wow... I would love to see those photos if you can find them!
    Thanks a ton Eric!
    David
    Studio City
    '04 Boxster S 550

Sorry, couldn't find the disc. I'll keep looking.

Regards,
    Eric

Hi Eric!

Would it be possible for you to email me those thumbnails you have of the car you think might be my old car? I appreciate it! Thanks!
    David
    Studio City
    '04 Boxster S 550

I think I remember the S/N

I'm pretty sure that the serial number of my old 73E was 9113201194...

Anybody know where it lives???????

Thanks,

David
    David
    Studio City
    '04 Boxster S 550