Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P.O.C. @ Streets of Willow 6/25-6/26

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!

P.O.C. @ Streets of Willow 6/25-6/26

Who's in? It's going to be hotter than heck but a great time will be had by all. Plus, I think there's a Porsche Owners Club discount for Newbies.

This is my second year and the only early 911S I've ever seen there is Chuck Miller. (Who kicks ass.) So don't let us T and E owners think our cars are just as fast as yours and the whole S-cam Super Dooper Acceleration is just a big myth.

Stop dusting. Start driving. Hard. (And it won't hurt your resale value. I promise.)
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Thumbs up

I hear-dat....

Would be coming out with'ya, but gon'a start chasing that last oil leek starting that weekend...

Have fun... go fast... pass everyone... and beat my best bud...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

We'll be running the black 914-6 with VARA in their Sat eve enduro, at the big track so we'll wave as e go by during the sat practice and sprints
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Willow Springs

Hi Chuck,Hi All
    I will come to Willows after I have been to the historic races at Fontana.
    Hope to see you .....
    Stefan

Hey Stef,

Won't be at either event... damnit

Will be chasing that last oil leak on the blue car ... pulled the motor yesterday... nothing oblivious on the top... will put it on the stand on Sun. and have a look at the bottom...

If it turns out to be an easy fix... that'll make a fine birthday present...

Have 'a great time

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Good Luck,Chuck....

..I hope you'll find the "bugger"..../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Weather was actually very decent. the usual willow breezes, but bearable. Saturday was packed at Streets- even with the newly paved expanded paddock- it was full. Sunday- it seemed the car count was about 65.
    The races at the big track were a lot of fun- 29 cars started the enduro. We had some mechanical problems that extended our pit stop over 4 minutes, so our hopes of a top three finish were dashed. Shame- but we still had a ton of fun racing with them and regret nothing. Would have gone for the sprint race on sunday , but with a cracked header and unsure of the shifting, decided to not beat up on the car any more till it gets a complete go through
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRE Cup
    Saturday was packed at Streets- even with the newly paved expanded paddock- it was full. Sunday- it seemed the car count was about 65.
    Saturday didn't seem packed to me. I thought there was a lot more free space on the track because we ran the back bowl. As for Sunday, 110 cars registered but it seemed there weren't any many more than Saturday. On my new Toyo Proxes I ran a personal best Clockwise at 1:26.4. Not exactly Fast Time Of The Day but I'd never gotten below 1:29 before. Track tires make a HUGE difference. It was a great weekend. I did meander over to Big Willow to watch the cars hauling serious ass.

I do have to say it's a source of constant personal disappointment that we have virtually no early 911S registry presence at any of the So Cal POC STS events. Doesn't anyone want to run their car fast on the track? Is everyone so concerned with their resale value now that a rock chip will end their world? They had more $5 million cars racing on the track in one day at the Laguna Seca Ferrari 250 GTO tribute then we've had in the last two years at Streets. But then you look at how few people even viewed my original thread versus the number of people who view the threads dedicated to the "park and show off your detailed car" thread...
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

i saw your car as it drove by in the big track paddock -that color is great! you are right on the early cars- not many running with poc - VARA had a much better representation in their B/ C prod group!
    Lots of used-to-be long hood poc cars are running the later model more aero bumpers .
    I would love to see the poc run the RS Cup idea (early cars unite!) i tried some years ago, but it just takes too much time to organize and administrate. Otherwise VARA or HSR might pick it up and leave POC with that many fewer early cars
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2

Thumbs up

Congrats Sandy... that's a great time

Saw Dave and-da-boys on the Big track for the enduro... there was a chance that Dave could have won the whole deal (starting from the back of the field) with his damn street car!!! ...

Congrats Dave on almost pulling it off... you-da-man

Found my oil leak on Sun.... should be a easy fix... hope to be on the track with you Sandy at the next event...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter