Thread: A weekend out at Buttonwillow.....

A weekend out at Buttonwillow.....

Spent this last weekend out at Buttonwillow raceway runiing in a PCA TT. We ran the full track with the bus stop & star mazda turn in the cw direction.

Was pulling down laps of 2:09.xx and even to somehow manage a lap at 2:08.82 .. in the 95deg. heat...thank goodness for my "cool-shirt" Was looking for a 2nd in class til I totally blew it in my timed runs...

Had a ton 'o fun tho with some very fast early 911's out on the track with me, Gulf911 & racea911 in their RS clones as well as RGruppe bud Chris 'O in his fire breathing 1997 Daytona winning 993 supercup racecar

Here's a few pic's......enjoy !!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Gburner
    My R Gruppe car is in the shop so I just tagged along.
    Great fun being the pit b!tch.
    Adjusted sway bars, shocks, air preasures, seats and belts.
    Instructed a 944 driver, went from 2:50 laps to 2:37 with me in it.
    He only gave me one spin/dirt shower.
    Another buddy let me take his car out for a seesion, that was fun.
    I ran 4 seconds a lap quicker than the owner and we enjoyed discussing his set up after the session.
    John Riz was flying all weekend, 2+ seconds faster than the closest "real" AM 911. So he was never looking for help, so I take off before timed runs and what happens?
    Here are some of the out takes from the Buttonwillow weekend.

Roland's widebody AM class winner, they make the RS clones race this widebody 3.6 rocket. Roland can drive too, well expect for this moment.

Goofing in front of the Jager car, we even gave out samples at lunch to the ladies that passed by. The ladies wanted to know where the Pina Colada car was? Try the Miata track day.

Pool was cool after the races Saturday.

We towed the yellow car up to dial it in for the new owner. It was brand new built off a 72 tub with a 3.6, owner was very happy with it.

At the driver's meeting.

This would be fun place run your early 911 hot rods.