Thread: South Florida Drive

Thumbs up South Florida Drive

I received this email and though I would post it here in
    case anyone is interested in joining us.
    Last time Songhoh came with is beautiful RS.
    Hope to see more SoFla vintage 911's join in!

----------------original message---------------

Hello fellow drivers!

Date: Saturday, August 6.

Just wanted to inform you our next drive and event. I have been working closely with Pedro and Albert and after receiving input from you, we have reviewed your suggestions and ideas. Based upon your feedback, our next event will take place in the North.

Destination: John Stretch Park (just South of Clewiston on US 27). We have reserved the Covered Picnic Pavilion at John Stretch Park from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and we are asking all participants to bring a small picnic basket and cooler to take care of your own lunch. The Pavilion has plenty of seats and cement tables and we will have shelter in case of rain. There are bathroom facilities at this Pavilion.

The park will have plenty of parking and there are hike trials that border Lake Okeechobee.

We also will encourage mingling and saying hello to your fellow exotic car enthusiast.

The cost to participate in this event will be $ 6 per car to help pay for the fees to reserve the Picnic Pavilion.

In order to get an idea of how many cars we should expect at the Rally Point, please RSVP by sending me an e-mail by July 31.

The rally point will be in Weston, at the same Winn Dixie Parking lot located off I-75 and Griffin Rd West. (Take I-75 to Griffin Rd West, go to first light, make a right at light and then make the next immediate right into strip mall where Winn Dixie Parking lot is located.)

Time: 10:30 am and we depart Rally point at 11:30 am. Will take short cut through Weston suburbs to catch US 27. Drive time will be about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Participant who brings the most extravagant lunch (will be judged by people's vote} will win a brand new Porsche Carrera black stainless steel rear license plate frame. Frame is metallic black, with silver Carrera lettering and screw covers. I have one myself and bought this $ 40 plate as a prize for this event.

Paul Laya
    P Drivers Club (PDC)
    PLaya96419@aol.com

I'm in. But please be advised my car is a replica, not a real RS. I actually considder my car to be better than an original RS in all areas concerning performance and value. (Don't get mad). I get the same enjoyment as a real RS and this car was built by me, with my input and to my specifications. And I kept the money I saved.

I prefer to invest in South Florida real estate. It's earning potential easily out distances early 911 values. Just not as fun to drive!
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

Thumbs up

ok, is anyone else in south florida going on this ride besides me and songhoh?
    My 72T is still in the paint shop, so I'll be in the 996.
    Steve

Normally I would be there in a heartbeat, however I am having A/C installed in my garage that day so I must stay @ the casa. A/C is very necessary in FL. if you want to be somewhat productive in the garage. Songhoh, I received your PM and will give you a call.
    Ivs
    69 911E

I'll be in SoBe for the weekend (not my plan )

See you next time. I'll be racing my 2 liter at Homestead the following weekend !