Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro 70S fuel tank venting

Euro 70S fuel tank venting

I have a Euro 70S, does anyone know where the small hose that comes out of the expansion tank is supposed to go to. The euro cars did not have the charcoal cannister therfore no fuel vapor recirculation as in the US cars.
    Thanks
    Rudy

Out of the hole just above and about an inch behind the fuse box, the larger of the two holes, the other one should be plugged on a Euro car.

Jeff

Jeff,

I have also seen the plastic vent hose put through a black rubber grommet in a access hole in the front of the lower trunk area. This was in a '73 RS. Is that correct?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Thanks very much Jeff, while were at it, how about the vent hose that comes from the brake fluid cannister?

Rudy

That is what Brian is talking about, the brake overflow goes out of this hole in the front lower behind the washer bottle.

Thanks Jeff,

Had my hoses crossed and we can't have that can we.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Hoses

I have my brake fluid vent hose tied into a Y-piece, which runs from the expansion reservoir into a hole in the front of the trunk. Same as Brian describes. In the picture the last part of the (plastic) hose is not connected yet.

Cees

Thanks Cees, just curious what that little black box is mounted on the trunk floor beside the fuel vent hose, it has three wires going into it? Never seen that before.

Rudy

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Red face black box

Hi Rudy,

Correct, you don't find that box anywhere else, it's an old fashioned Italian immobiliser, how you call it, starter breaker? It's even worse in my car, I have 4 of them! One cut-off switch (red key) in front of the shifter, a second small key underneath the steering column, a switch under the dash above the ash tray, and a switch in the left hand air outlet under the dash.....All the wires have been neatly incorporated in the wire loom so I think I just keep them.

Cees

Do you have a photo? Thanks a lot.. I have a ROW 70t !!! I dont see the hole!!