Thread: CA Highway Patrol Selects Porsche as 2006 Pursuit Vehicle

CA Highway Patrol Selects Porsche as 2006 Pursuit Vehicle

This from the Dub Street Racing site....

California Highway Patrol selects Porsche as 2006 pursuit vehicles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California Highway Patrol selects Porsche as 2006 pursuit vehicles
    ATLANTA, June 27, 2005 - The California Highway Patrol has announced today that its is standardizing on the Porsche 987 Boxster as its 2006 pursuit vehicles to replace its aging fleet of Chevrolet Camaros.

CHP spokesman Officer Bruce Nowwegotcha said that after extensive testing the Porsche Boxster was found to have all of attributes necessary for a proper pursuit vehicle. "The Boxster has 2 trunks which allows us to stash all of our police stuff" Officer Nowwegotcha was quoted as saying. "The Camaros were at the end of their useful life, and were never able to be used fully given that CHP officers are prohibited from wearing mullets while on duty" he added.

The initial order for 200 Porsche Boxsters will be completed by the end of 2005 with the majority of units being placed in service in high enforcement areas.

Porsche Cars North America spokesman Lorna Gattasped said that the CHP contract represents a new market for Porsche in the US and expects other states to watch closely the CHP purchase.

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), based in Atlanta, Ga., and its subsidiary, Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd., are the exclusive importers of Porsche police cars for the United States and Canada.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-71S

"The 1970-to-1971 2.2-liter S with mechanical fuel injection is the absolute top choice. These 2.2 S engines are short-stroke, high-compression powerhouses without substantial emissions-control clutter, and they have a powerband with gobs of high-rpm torque. With their mechanical fuel injection still intact, they make a spine-tingling shriek as they shoot to redline."

Forbes magazine 7/29/03
    Email: http://picasaweb.google.com/sandiego...eat=directlink

In their dreams...
    Early S Reg #675

Thumbs down Tax $$$ to buy Porsches

Now let me get this straight......

The State of California is Billions upon Billions of dollars in debt, borrowing even more to pay the now due interest off.....

and it's decided that buying Boxsters or any Porsche for that matter, is the "best route to go" to replace older CHP vehilcles? Why not consider buying a domesticly made car for this?

...can some one please educate me? Don't get me wrong - I love P-cars but I think this is outta whack.... this simply can not be considered "the most prudent usage" of state tax dollars.

Jeezo....this place is friggin' hopeless.....

Edit: O.K. Ya got me !!!!! spoof on me !!! haaa!!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

"CHP spokesman Officer Bruce Nowwegotcha said that after extensive testing the Porsche Boxster was found to have all of attributes necessary for a proper pursuit vehicle. "The Boxster has 2 trunks which allows us to stash all of our police stuff" Officer Nowwegotcha was quoted as saying. "The Camaros were at the end of their useful life, and were never able to be used fully given that CHP officers are prohibited from wearing mullets while on duty" he added.

Quote Originally Posted by RSupdate
    Now let me get this straight......

The State of California is Billions upon Billions of dollars in debt, borrowing even more to pay the now due interest off.....

and it's decided that buying Boxsters or any Porsche for that matter, is the "best route to go" to replace older CHP vehilcles? Why not consider buying a domesticly made car for this?

...can some one please educate me? Don't get me wrong - I love P-cars but I think this is outta whack.... this simply can not be considered "the most prudent usage" of state tax dollars.

Jeezo....this place is friggin' hopeless.....
    Pssssst... It's a goof
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Obviously a goof.

The CHP are much more concerned with their moustaches than their mullets.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Step away from the car sir!

Mullet?

Can some explain what is a mullet?

Well, it's a fish, isn't it? Anybody have a mullet pic on file?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)