Thread: New Porsche Periodical....

New Porsche Periodical....

I remember seeing a post about a new mag called Total911. It's out and I got my first issue. Looks real good, it is English after all, so I expected that.
    But, there are alot of Porsche mags now.....are there enough articles or subjects to write on and about?
    Besides all the American and British periodicals, I get some French, German and Japanese mags. About eight monthly.

I would like to get your thoughts on the premier issue, If you've seen it.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

Nicely written and photograped as most English magazines are. Very disappointed that virtually all content was toward newer cars. Worth thumbing through at Borders, not worth buying unless they produce some content on the older cars that takes longer than 90 seconds to read.

Nice orange RSR in this months C&SC. They had to tow it to start it after setting it on fire trying to start it normally. How'd you like to be the customer coming along to look at buying it after it got loaned for that magazine test?
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

A friend of mine who buys/sells early competition Porsches (R's, T/R's, ST's, RSR's, etc) was approached by C&SC to supply an RSR for that article.

They became quite rude when he turned down their 'offer' & wouldn't let them drive it.

They insisted that they would be 'doing him a favour' by featuring the car & stressed how experienced their team of journalists were...
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

What mag is C&SC would love to see orange RSR.
    Phil

Classic and Sports Car - Current issue with the RSR from Coys is the one with about a half dozen Aston Martins on the cover. Also check out Octane if you haven't seen it, a fairly new English magazine - maybe the best of them all in terms of the writing and photography. It also has Stirling Moss, Jay Leno and Rowan Atkinson as monthly columnists.
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

I have a subscription to Octane and it is a very well done magazine. Currently my favorite magazine. It manages to have some well rounded perspectives, from Keith Martin, to Jay Leno, and "The Black Adder" Atkinson.

Cool magazine...