Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted! Mechanical Fuel Injection Parts! Pumps, Stacks

Execmalibu posted a similar request on the Pelican board. When someone pointed out that he was selling some MFI parts on ebay, he got kinda huffy, bragged about some of the cars he says he owns and then deleted the thread. My guess is he will do the same to this post. IMO not a great way to introduce yourself to the Porsche BBS community.

Quote Originally Posted by reed
    Execmalibu posted a similar request on the Pelican board. When someone pointed out that he was selling some MFI parts on ebay, he got kinda huffy, bragged about some of the cars he says he owns and then deleted the thread. My guess is he will do the same to this post. IMO not a great way to introduce yourself to the Porsche BBS community.
    That was me on PP as well who pointed this fishy fact out. I went back to look for the thread today and it was gone! I wondered what happened to it. Maybe the admin here could lock this thread before it happens again?

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Red face 911s Injection

I Was Told By The Seller That What He Had Was From A 1971 "S"..

I Drove For 2 Hours And When I Got There The Parts Were From A 2 Liter "S"

I Guess It Is Against Your Polices To Buy Extra Parts That Are A Good Deal And I Should Have Left The 2.0 "S" Injection Lying In His Pile For Eternity.

The Parts That I Have Listed For Sale Are For A 2 Liter 911S! Hopefully Someone Else Can Use Them...

I Have A 71 2.2 Liter "S" And 3-2.4 Liter Cars 2 -"S" And 1 "E" That I Need Injection Parts For.. Ask And I Willl Provide Chassis Numbers!

I Figure That I May Have To Buy More Then One Injection System To Get A Complete System In Good Condition. I Will Pick And Choose To Get The Best Parts From Each System..

If I End Up With Extra Parts I Will Definately Be Offering Them For Sale To Help Pay For The Restorations.. Hopefully I Can Sell The Stuff For What I Paid Or Even A Profit... Damn Capitalists!

I Know That Most Of You Guys Will Always Pass On A Rare Part And Never Would Consider Buying Something At A Great Price If You Did Not Need It..

You Would Pass On Things Like A NOS Aluminum Deck Lid, Sport Seats, Plastic Gas Tank , RS Steering Wheel, Or an Orig Duck Tail..

" You Say That You Want $500 For All That Stuff.. No Thanks I Dont Have An RS"

I Know Buying Extra Parts For A Future Restoration, As Trade Material or To The Help Finace A Restoration Is A Stupid Idea..

I Appolgize I Wont Do It Again..

Tough Crowd!

PS

I Have No Idea Why The Other Post Disappeared?

1965 427 COBRA (CSX 3127)...
    1973 DINO SPYDER 246GTS (ORIGINAL PAINT)..
    1962 PORSCHE TWIN GRILL ROADSTER (RUDGE WHEELS,GT SEATS/TANK,LUGGAGE, CARRERA II WHEEL)...
    1957 SPEEDSTER(RUDGE WHEELS, GT TANK, NARDI)...
    PLUS!

1973 911"S" TARGA!
    VERY ORIGINAL WITH EVERY FACTORY OPTION! (REPAINTED ONCE! ORIG COLOR, SPECIAL ORDER MET BLUE #334)
    SPORT SEATS, FULL LEATHER INT, BEHR AIR, ALUM DECK LID ,PLASTIC TANK, RS STEERING, SS MUFFLER SKIRT, GRILLE DRIVING LITES, 4-7" WHEELS, FENDER TRIM, H1 LIGHTS, AIRPORT GEARS+LS.. ECT)

Quote Originally Posted by execmalibu
    The Parts That I Have Listed For Sale Are For A 2 Liter 911S! Hopefully Someone Else Can Use Them...
    I am just wondering, then, why your eBay auction says it is for '69-73 if they are for '69 only and you couldn't use them on your later cars? Passing on your mistake to the next guy? I see it went for the minimum bid. The "Buy it now" price of over $1700 seemed a little stiff to me for a tired, old, dirty, incomplete system, but then you're the expert who bought it anyway to turn over for a profit, so what do I know? Hope you made enough reselling it at $950 to fund your projects.

I am also wondering why you went from typing in ALL CAPS to capitalizing the first letter of each word? I thought you did the ALL CAPS thing because you were lazy? This New Style Seems Even Harder To Do To Me.

I Have No Idea Why The Other Post Disappeared?
    If you didn't delete it, then the moderator did.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

The Inection Will Work On 1969-1973

The Truth! " You Cant Handle The Truth!!"

According To The Info That I Have From MFI Experts???..

The 36mm Throttle Bodies And Mag Stacks Will Bolt Directly On Any MFI Head..in Addition The 2.0 "S" Pump Has The Correct Internal Parts To Be Modified To Work On Any "S" TYPE Or "RS" Clone Engine..

SOME PEOPLE DONT CARE IF THE NUMBERS ARE ARE NOT CORRECT..THEY JUST WANT "S" PERFORMANCE!

The System I Am Selling Is Not Original For My Applications!..(1971-1973)...

I Want Only Original Numbered And Dated Parts!

Is This Ok With You?

I Have A 2.4 "T" Pump #015 And I Could Have It Rebuilt And Restamped To Any Specs But I Only Want Original Numbered Parts..

If Some Of You Guys Are Interested Building A Monster MFI Motor These Early "S" Are Definately The Parts That You Will Need!

I Still Type In All Caps... This Site Automaticly Changes The Format?

Quote Originally Posted by execmalibu
    The Truth! " You Cant Handle The Truth!!"
    Some people can't handle it, and some people can't seem to find it or use it often enough.

The 36mm Throttle Bodies And Mag Stacks Will Bolt Directly On Any MFI Head
    OK, but the throttle bodies in 69' had a stud spacing of 66mm. From 70' on they used a spacing of 72mm. Therefore throttle bodies and stacks can't be interchanged between 69' and the later years. From 70' on they are interchangeable.

The System I Am Selling Is Not Original For My Applications!..(1971-1973)...
    I Want Only Original Numbered And Dated Parts!
    Is This Ok With You?
    Sure, but don't you think you should have specified this in your original request, along with the specific years and models needed? Instead you sounded like you were in the market for anything that was cheap enough for you to flip for a profit.

I Still Type In All Caps... This Site Automaticly Changes The Format?
    Typing in all caps is a major blunder in internet etiquette, so this site is saving you from yourself.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

Throttle Bodies And Stacks Will Fit All Years!

Tom,

You Are Incorrect..

I Just Measured The Throttle Bodies For The 2 Liter And 2.4 Liter And The Stud Spacing Is Exactly The Same Where They Bolt To The Heads..

If You Use The 36MM 2 Liter Stacks With The 36MM 2 Liter Throttle Bodies They Will Bolt Directly Onto Any MFI Head (1969-1973)..

Stud Spacing

Tom is correct about the stud spacing.

69 cars have a unique throttle body-to-head stud spacing.

Your 69 car could have had the heads changed at one point due to the cost of the valves.
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

THE Throttle Bodies Are The Same...

Maybe These Are Late 2 Liter Or Maybe 2.2 Liter 36mm Throttle Bodies Because The Stud Spacing Is The Same As The 2.4..

This Is Exactly Why I Intentionally Did Not Specify A Specific Year Or Engine Type In My Search!!..

You May Think That You Have 2.2 "T" Injection System But It May Have Been Changed And You May Have 2.4 "E" Or Even "S"..

It Is Very Hard To Keep Track Of What Was Done Over The Years By Prior Owners And/or Mechanics..

Very Often Defective Pumps And Stacks Were Switched To ANYTHING That Was Available..

My Mechanic Recently Sold A Used "T" Pump To Another Mechanic..when The Second Mechanic Got The Pump He Called To Say That It Was An "E" Pump..

The Second Mechanic Installed The "E" Pump On The "T" Car Leaned It Out And The Car Ran Fine..

If You Call Me With The Numbers Of The Parts That You Have I Will Offer To Buy Only The Parts That I Think That I Need..

MFI stuff

Hello: What will you pay for injection pumps T,E or S. Throttle bodies etc? The pumps came off running cars but have not been used in many years. I think I know what they are worth but I'll give you a try to see if you are close. The stacks to the butterflies is what has a different spacing on the 2.0 not the head studs on the heads. Thanks Eric