Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted! Mechanical Fuel Injection Parts! Pumps, Stacks

Quote Originally Posted by execmalibu
    I Just Measured The Throttle Bodies For The 2 Liter And 2.4 Liter And The Stud Spacing Is Exactly The Same Where They Bolt To The Heads...
    Sorry, you misunderstood what I said. If you look at my message (and the last one posted by Eric), you will see that I agreed that the throttle bodies can be bolted to the head--I said "OK" to that--it is the studs for the stacks that are different spacing and do not allow interchanging between '69 and other years. Measure the top side of the throttle bodies and you will see what I mean. If you want to use the larger stacks from the later years, you need the later throttle bodies.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Quote Originally Posted by bobmagyar
    69 cars have a unique throttle body-to-head stud spacing.
    Bob,
    It is the throttle body-to-stack stud spacing that is different, not throttle body-to-head studs (see my previous post.) The studs for that joint are in the heads, and there is just a hole in the throttle body for them. The only studs mounted in the throttle bodies are at the joint with the stacks.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

I Am Selling The Stacks With The Throttle Bodies..

I Am Not Sure Why We Are Having This Discussion?

I Have Offered And Sold The BIG 36MM "S" Stacks And 36MM "S" Throttle Bodies.. With The Matching "S" Pump..

These Parts Will Fit.. I Repeat "will Fit" (1969-1973) MFI Engines And Can Be Made To Work..

Eric Give Me Your Phone Number I Will Call You..

Quote Originally Posted by execmalibu
    I Am Not Sure Why We Are Having This Discussion?
    As far as I'm concerned, my part of the discussion is to warn others about someone who may have questionable business tactics and ethics, which I happen to perceive you as having. Sorry, that's how I see it, and nothing about how you have answered or explained yourself so far has changed that.

I Have Offered And Sold The BIG 36MM "S" Stacks And 36MM "S" Throttle Bodies.. With The Matching "S" Pump..

These Parts Will Fit.. I Repeat "will Fit" (1969-1973) MFI Engines And Can Be Made To Work..
    Of course-- anything can be "made to work" with enough time and money invested. The fact is that the '69S MFI system has unique dimensions that make it "model-year specific," not just limited to the stacks, but more importantly, extending to the space cam in the pump. If I had such a system and was selling it, I would not call it a "'69-73 MFI system" and let the buyer beware. I would make it clear to people that it would work fine on a '69S, but would need to be modified to work correctly on other models.

But that's just me, you go ahead and do anything you like. It's a free world, and I've already read your rationalizations here and on Pelican Parts about the glories of capitalism and the '73E you flipped, so we don't need to go any further down this road. I'm over it. If I had any parts to sell you, suffice it to say they would be priced at full retail plus.

I would, however, still like to hear your response to Alan.UK's post in this thread.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Quote Originally Posted by ttweed

Of course-- anything can be "made to work" with enough time and money invested. The fact is that the '69S MFI system has unique dimensions that make it "model-year specific," not just limited to the stacks, but more importantly, extending to the space cam in the pump.

TT
    Which is why I asked in my first post in this thread for more details...the pumps are not numbered differently for each model for no reason and it seemed obvious to me that you were looking to enter into horsetrading of a fashion.

If you are a trader, looking for cheap stock from this grand bunch of enthusiasts then I'd suggest you take out an ad in relevant Porsche classifieds, declare your dealer status and deal with people in an above board fashion. If, on the other hand you are one of these fine band of enthusiasts then I'd suggest you shall find no end of assistance here - it's just that I am having difficulty working out in which category you fit.

I was born and bred into Porsches and grew up surrounded by them. I now run my late father's workshop taking care of nothing but air-cooled Porsches, in particular early 911s. I openly declare I make my living from them and because of this am acutely aware of my position within this board. I will not take advantage of the good graces of the board members. I would hope that you do not seek to do this either. If you are building cars up for sale with the view to make a tidy profit not on one but several deals, then I would suggest you are indeed a dealer who may well be an enthusiast, but a dealer nonetheless. This is an assumption on my part and if I have jumped to the wrong conclusion then please accept my apologies in advance.

I do have several pumps, stacks, throttle bodies etc primarily kept to help my clients out of trouble. I have no intention of selling them to someone else to either stockpile or flip to ebay for a tidy profit.

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

A very impressive writeup Lisa. Thank you.
    1970 911S Coupe (Burgundrot) (sold)
    1967 911 Coupe (Light Ivory) (mostly gone)
    1966 911 Coupe (Sand Beige) (sold)
    Van Diemen RF99 Formula Continental
    Citation F1000 on the way
    Van Diemen Hayabusa SCCA Formula S (sale pending)
    Other Early 911/912/914

The MFI pump is also specific for the 2 liter cars, in that they have two solenoids (fuel cut off and enrichment I think). Maybe they can be used on later cars but do post 1970 MFI cars have that specific connection in the loom?

Alan.UK

Pretty sure you're right Alan -

2.2 on do not have the enrichment solenoid, only the fuel cut off from memory and I think only the early 2.0L cars have both (getting late - brain fade is setting in). The connection would not be there in the loom in the later cars either...pretty sure, but there are others out there who'll confirm or correct this for us

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

Well spoken Lisa!

Hello: How can you top that? Lisa, it is good to see someone put into words what everyone was thinking and done so nicely. I am a Canadian living in Texas and would like someday to visit your great land down under. My wife has some friends in New Zealand, so hopefully one day we can go down under. If so I will make sure we visit your shop. When we go on trips I try to visit some of the shops you hear so much about. I also have a small shop with 3 workers me, myself and I. I have collected many parts over the years and used many for some of the race cars that I have built and sold. I mostly work on early 911's, but as normal see many air cooled cars. I want to thank all of you on this great site for the info and wisdom. Thanks Eric

Eric & Roblav,

I'm flattered...thanks!

I just couldn't keep "mum" anymore...as you would have all gathered by now I am very passionate about the cars first and then the people. If I can help & protect both then that's a bonus! I am renowned for not being able to keep my thoughts to myself...constantly getting into trouble with that, but at least everyone is always sure of where I stand (which is almost never on the fence BTW) .

Your workshop arrangement sounds familiar (me, myself, I)...we just do it x 2 that's all .

I would love to have you come and visit...it would be great to have you poke around our place for a while! Hey, we could put you to work whilst here...45 years of bits to be sorted out! BTW, if you need anything parts wise please don't hesitate to PM me...I don't mind parting with stuff if it is going to the right home .

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726