Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of NOS 1973 RS front bumper ??

Value of NOS 1973 RS front bumper ??

Looking for some input from the pros............title says it all. NOS front bumper for 1973 RS.100% original and in perfect condition - still has original box and all documentation. What is market value?? Thanks.

You can actually still get that part new from a dealer. They are about €1800+VAT here in Europe. I presume there would be a premium for a genuine period part though...

In fact, many original RS parts are available from the dealers. I've seen the lightweight RS front and rear bumpers recently and they are pretty nice. I can't speak to how closely they match the originals (probably some variations, the fiberglass seems to be laid-up a bit differently, very nice though) and the fit should be good. The front bumper was around 1800.00 U.S., can't remember the price of the rear. I bought my steel RS rear touring bumpers for around 500.00 each, still available, dealer here has a set.
    Bruce Herrmann
    '73 911S

The RS lightweight front and rear bumpers are made using the original tooling. Geometrically they are exactly the same as the period parts but I guess the resin and production methods have changed over the years. The fit is great on the parts. It's always nice when the holes line up with the mounts!

I didn't realise the RS touring rear bumpers were still available. What is the difference between the RS version and those used on the S/E and T?

The RS rears have to accomidate the flairs...
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

I contacted the seller on E Bay as they are still listed for sale from Germany and the price is only slightly higher than the E bay buy it now price with no guarantees on the E bay purchase. The rears I bought last year and yes they are flared at the extremeties to match the flared guards also have different mounting points for the anodised trim piece that rivets in. The tab that is evident on STD rears is missing on the RS rears and tthe trim rivets in from the top
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

RS spoiler

Anyone has a picture of the inner side of a factory original RS front spoiler? Most interested in the mounting brackets...

Thanks,

Cees

These are pictures of newly manufactured RS bumpers from Germany

From the seller: "These are genuine Porsche parts made using the original tooling. The only difference between the parts I get and the ones sold in the dealers (£££) is a small paper sticker on the inside with a part number. I'm currently selling these at €850 each."

The quality looks really good to me. I believe that Clyde recently sourced a genuine RS bumper, maybe he has some pics of that?

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Nick,

I didn't buy the one on E bay or from Porsche and the ones you show pictures of look absolutley identical to the ones one on sale on E Bay that had the Porsche sticker attached.

I like the price of yours also although freight would be a killer to Aust.

Do you think your supplier would sell me the front and side brackets so I could re-attach them to my original RS bumper where the brackets are suffering from age somewhat.

PS.

Might have found some original Targa RHD Carpets to copy for patterns. I think its only the front mats plus the two front side pieces that are different to a coupe. Any thoughts and could you use the patterns if I get them done.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

HI Clyde

I will talk to ny suppliers about the brackets and also what sort of pattern he needs for the Targa carpets. Who has the link to the ebay bumpers?
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk