Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1969 911S (Not Really for sale...yet)

1969 911S (Not Really for sale...yet)

This is from my own collection. I chased it for years through two private owner's and one dealer before finally closing a deal on it.

Just a driver but full of original FIA GR2 bits and pieces right off the Factory Homologation papers.

Car is chassis number 20 which I was told was the 10th production car built as the first 10 were destructively tested but never saw anything from Porsche to confirm such a statement.

All matching numbers, no rust and many hundred's of thousands of happy motoring miles.

This is the one my little five-year old girl, and seven-year old boy beg to go to school in.

I have been contacted by a UK collector who has repeatedly tried to buy it. His offers are bordering on silly hence the photos.

Thing is even though his offers are more than fair, I know once it's gone it can not be replaced and even the greedy car dealer within me knows there are more important things than money.

Cheers,

Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

That car's an absolute beauty Bill! Looks like a rare bird!

-rick

It is really just a plain, low-option 911S but with the FIA group 2 pieces that could be had through Porsche Client Services.

All of the stuff on the car is period legal yet the car is still road-legal and registered for the street.

I have all the records and paperwork since new. Fills an entire 4" binder.

I also have the original homologation papers and sports paper records.

Always a road registered car from day one.

Sports Seats left and right

Head-rests left and right

Sport Exhaust

Upper and lower Hellas with the correct grills and brackets plus the Cibies.

100/110-liter, center-fill fuel tank. No fender gas-lid / cap etc...

Retractable three-point belts left and right

Porsche Lettering Rocker Decals

Maybe some other odds and ends but thats what I remember...

Still has all of its interior trim, carpeting, headliner and glass windows all around.

Way too fun for words...

Cheers,

Bill

I know once it's gone it can not be replaced and even the greedy car dealer within me knows there are more important things than money.
    Beautiful car Bill, you said it, once gone, it won't come back....
    Henry

Sweeeet!

Sweet as Bill... Sweet as.

Beauty!!

As I am sure you know, you have a really unique early S there. Should you decide to part with it, hopefully it will be for something that pleases you more...
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Thanks Mr. Conway,

I forget how spoiled I am sometimes. Some of the incredible machines that pass through our store leave me numb sometimes to the simple pleasure of an clean early 911 racer as well as pure S road car.

I can imagine this car not staying a part of my life for many years to come.

Lately I have been having the time of my life in my 68 VW four-door pick-up believe it or not. Nothing fancy or modern about it. Down rite primative by any standards but simply tons of fun and I just love the way it makes just about anyone who sees it smile.

Cheers,

Bill

Wow Bill, mine's number 30! I'd bet they were within eyeshot of each other on the assembly line!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Cool

I have 1970 S number 40. Not sure what that means, earliest 911 I have seen with electric windows from the factory...
    Bill C
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

I'd love to know where the cars between ours are today...
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389