Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AGLA Opinions?

AGLA Opinions?

I am thinking of considering having my leather redone on my stearing wheel.

Has anyone used AGLA and been happy with the results?

I am wanting results that would have my wheel look and feel factory new.
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar

Don't Go There !!!!!!!

Trust me , do a search here for AGLA - You let them near your wheel it will never be the same !
    That bastard ruined my original wheel and took 16 weeks to do it no less.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Thumbs down

They are bad news.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Wheel covering DIY!

Hello: I have used there leather recoving kits and was very happy with the outcome. I sewed the covers on myself because my labour rate is cheap at 8:00 at night and drinking a pint to boot. I have seen so called concour quality done wheels and I did a better job. I would get a kit and do it yourself, you have the satisfaction every time you touch the wheel that it is a job well done. Thanks Eric

Scope Creep Poster Child
    I'd also think about DIY, but, for my 380mm wheel I ended up not using the AGLA kit I waited 2 months for because it didn't fit. I went to a leather store and got a suitable scrap and made my own cover ($15). The cover I made was much more precise than the AGLA piece. It took time, but I got results I'm happy with.

Previously, I used an AGLA cover for my 400mm wheel. That was shipped promptly, and fit well enough, but was still not as good as the one I made myself.

If you take off the old cover it should make a dandy template for a replacement.

-Scott
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

I guess I should have done a search on this first.

It looks like this is a great DIY project as it seems like it is way you have to go to get the job you want. Saves some money too.

Thanks All.

Bob
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

I bought a kit also to recover a 380mm wheel and I was not impressed at all with the grain/quality of the leather, the fit, and the seam done to bring the ends together. IMHO all it is good for is a rough pattern for another cover of the correct leather.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

They are very quick in charging your credit card and then become very good at finding excuses why they have not sent it yet.

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PStey
    They are very quick in charging your credit card and then become very good at finding excuses why they have not sent it yet.

Ha !

My favorite was (twice) the sob ( not SOB though that is app ) story how I just don't know what it's like in his business, how he (Alan Gun) is responsible for so much and how he doesn't get to spend enough time with his family....
    "Fool me once,.. shame on you...Can't fool me again"
    To quote another great American...
    "Don't piss down my back and then tell me it's raining"

I guess I'm not quite over it yet...

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

I ordered my cover two weeks ago from AGLA. Supposedly it was shipped the same day. I guess I should have read this thread beforehand and I will be waiting a while for it to arrive.....