Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 69 to 73 dash

WTB: 69 to 73 dash

Looking for a perfect original dash for the completion of a 73S targa....

Thanks in advance!!

Eric

elinden@earthlink.net

73 dash

I see them come up all the time on ebay and the new old stock go for around $700+ you might want to keep an eye there
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Thanks,

I am (of course) looking on ebay, and have been for quite some time. The "nos" ones are current production, and simply "don't fit"....

regards,
    Eric

Eric,
    I know from your postings that you are a stickler for originality, but I had my 73E dash restored by JustDashes almost 2 years ago and it was as close to perfect as I have seen. Fit like and a glove and the finished was every bit as nice as any I have seen restored or original. Price was right around $625 and turnover time was around 6 weeks. If you don't have any luck finding a nice original, you should really think about checking them out.

Could you post some pics of your refinished dash? Really detailed ones.

How the grill fits into dash.
    The grain.

The features that are supposed to be "crisp" I hear get all smoothed out.

Eg. any corner that had a 1/16" radius comes back with an 1/8" radius....

If you could post some pics that would be great.

Otherwise I need a perfect dash too. Have too "not perfect" ones to offer after I locate the perfect one.
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

Bob,
    Unfortunately I sold the car last year and erased all the pic's of the dash.
    The fit was very good on mine though. I also had the radio speaker cut-out redone so fit was perfect in relation to the rest of the dash.
    One of the guys on this board (Rick2) saw the finished product as well. We both looked at it and ogled.

Question I Have A Perfect Original Dash..

Bob,

I Bought A Perfect Original Dash As An Extra A Few Weeks Ago For $550 (no Speaker Grille)+ Shipping..i Also Bought A Nos Speaker Grille A Few Days Ago.. I Now Have An Extra Complete Perfect Dash..

Here Is My Dilema..

Because We Are Both " Porsche Enthusiasts" If I Offer To Sell It To You The Guys On This Board Will Expect That I Will Sell It At Exactly What I Paid Or Even Less..

Being That I Own 5 Early Cars And I Dont Think That I Could Find Another Perfect Dash For That Amount I Am Not Sure What I Should Do..

If I Were To God Forbid Ask For A Small Profit.. I Am Certain That I Will Be Flamed To Death And/or Permanently Eliminated From This Site..

Let Me Think About This For A While.. Maybe Some Of You Guys Can Advise Me On What I Should Do..

I Watched As My Mechanic Tried To Put A New Replacement Dash In A Car Last Week.. Nothing Would Line Up ( Close But No Cigar) He Had To Drill New Holes And Spent Hours Fighting With It..

My Son And I Replaced A Dash A Few Weeks Ago With An Original And It Only Took Us About One Hour Including Pulling The Windsheild..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Eric....

This wouldn't be for a certain Met Green Targa would it?

Exec M., you pose an interesting question....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Since you asked Exec, I'll throw in my .02.

You did buy the dash at below market price it seems. So you can either hang onto it for one of your other cars, contact Eric and workout a trade for other parts that he probably has that you need instead of a dash or sell it outright to him if there is nothing to trade.

How much do you want to foster a relationship with another board member, who is great guy with tons of knowledge and cool early 911 car parts? If you do then you put a reasonable market price on the dash, unless Eric and you both feel really charitable in some kind of trade. I always ask myself "Is a few hundred bucks really that important?" in similar situations. I tend to want to foster good relationships over maximizing profits. Maybe both can be done. I kind of doubt it though. So there is one guy's thoughts about it anyway.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Brian,
    I May Be Wrong But Was It Not The Same Eric That Offered To Sell Me A Used 2.4 " S " Injection System For $3,500.. Maybe I Am Off Base But Isnt $3,500 Full Pop Retail For A Used System?

I Have No Problem With Eric Offering Me The System At Full Retail.. But Shouldnt I Expect To Receive The Same Retail Value On My Perfect Dash?

Also As I Said Before I Feel Strongly That Eric Is 100% Entitled To Ask Full Retail For His Parts! This Is America!!

If Eric Got The Stuff For Free Good For Him!! If I Decide To Pay The Price And He Made A Great Score Again Good For Eric!! Maybe If I Have Somethig Eric Wants And I Make A Score Great For Me..

But According To Some Of You Guys Eric Should Be Offering To Sell Me His Complete Mfi System For What He Paid.. Please Dont Tell Me That Eric Expects To Make A Profit On Another " Porsche Enthusiast"?? Naaah!

Some Of You Guys Who Are Whinng The Loudest Probably Dont Think That A Good Mechanic Is Entitled To Get $70-$95 Per Hour To Work On Our Vintage Porsches..

According To Your Theories The Mechanic Should Only Charge What It Actually Costs To Keep His Doors Open.. No Profit On Parts Or Labor For Any " Porsche Enthusiast"..

And The Factory Should Be Supplying The Parts For Free Or No More Then They Cost To Make.. I Am Certain That It Costs The Factory $660 To Produce A Turn Signal Assembly For A 65-68 Long Hood..
    Yeah Right..

Eric I Scored A 013 Pump But Still Need 012 Stacks And Throttle Bodies..

What You Got?