Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 69 to 73 dash

Eric's

Jeff, you have your Eric's confused. Eric looking for the Dash is NOT the Eric with throttle bodies.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Whoops!!!!!!!
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    For God's sake Jeff,

Keep your pants on...you got something to sell, state your price or what you'll accept as a trade. People on this board will either choose to deal or not - simple and democratic. And maybe with some manners next time - then you won't get your head bitten off like you did with your MFI post.

It was how you did it, not what you did...if you can't see where you went wrong there's no point in trying to explain any further. If you're going to keep dragging it up it will get very boring very quickly.

I tried the ladylike tack - obviously didn't work. So here's some observations with balls dangling mate...get over it, move on, make yourself some friends on this board and the world will be a happier place and who knows you might actually get what you want.

Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

ExecMalibu,

Need the dash for a very nice 73S targa.......I also have an NOS, and one good used speakergrill...so I don't "need" that piece.

Marketprice is fine...sorry, no spare MFI parts at all....I've never collected MFI items, as a matter of fact, this car is currently Weber'd. What else do you "need"??

Stacy.....the original dash in the metallic green car is perfect

regards,
    Eric Linden
    "soterik" (that's pronounced S-O-teric)
    elinden@earthlink.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    Stacy.....the original dash in the metallic green car is perfect

elinden@earthlink.net
    Good. I was starting to worry....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

I'll be knowin' whar' thar's a full set o' "E" stacks and throttle bodies frum' a 2.4. Canna' say what the lad wants but will let ya' know he lurks about these parts. A thrifty Scotsman he is.

Speak up fool; here's yur chance to play sheep shepherd.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Eric, FWIW, "just dashes" remanufactured a cracked dash for Evren's car...he had it here while we figured out a way to get it to Istanbul. I hauled it out to the garage, looked at it next to my original dash. I could NOT tell the difference. Inspected under flourescent lighting, though...I didn't check in bright sunlight. Lisa, I'm with you...sure glad I don't hang out in Malibu!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Paul,

Only thing putting me off on Just Dashes is a report from someone who did have one done...and didn't like the result. They were reselling it due the fact that it didn't look good enough. For the cost...I'd rather pay that much or more for a good original one. Perhaps it was an "off day" for them at Just Dashes....

Thanks though!! Always appreciate your input....

Eric

Eric, I understand your caution...maybe it could be hit & miss. Evren's was one of the earliest pre '74 911 dashes they'd done...maybe they were trying to make an impression & took extra care? I communicated with them when Evren's dash was in their shop. I let 'em know that the results would be posted on the Porsche boards. Maybe the message got through, because the finished product was gorgeous.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

My two cents

Hi Guys,
    I have seen the Just Dashes redo and compaired it to a cracked original dash going in for redo. If there's a difference I couldn't see it with my reading glasses on. Maybe with a microscope but that is just TOO ANAL for me. If you can't find a good original dash, than in my opinion they do a GREAT job.
    As for the new Porsche replacement dashes, I have installed several of them for people and it only takes me an extra ten minutes to drill the new holes for the moved mounting studs. And every one has fit as perfect as the original. I certainly can't see where the problem would be installing it unless your trying to do it with the windshield in.
    If anyone is having trouble installing one, contact me and I'll help you through it.
    All the best!
    Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27