Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT magazine

Thumbs up GT magazine

CONGRATULATIONS to our club for making it in the 'club profile' column in this month's British GT Purely Porsche magazine...

Now..... all we need is more dues paying members to keep us going...
    It's still a struggle... and it still baffles me...

With more recognition we're still under 500 club members... and now with almost 1600 registered message board users... you tell me ?

Anyway.......... Good'on'us
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Good for us !

Thanks to you Chuck and those who bring it to us, as well as those fonts of knowledge who shall remain nameless but are known to all.

I thought there would be more than only a third of those who use the site that are willing to put their money where their mouse is. Shame, shame.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Agreed. Those of us who pay dues should consider ourselves to be one of the "Fortunate 500" Edit: I have a nasty suggestion to help boost board support. A little symbol by the name of those who post. Newbies will be forgiven for a spell, but those who freeload may find themselves not getting answers to their pleas for technical help?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

The fine print is hard to read, but at the end of the article, under the header "where to find them", is a link mentioned to www.adpc.nl and www.adpzd.nl When you hit these links, it takes you to the All Dutch Porsche Club and the All Dutch Zandvort Days 2005. Is there a connection between this club/ event and the 911S registry?

Richard

Unfortunately not Richard...

Even though we have great Dutch friends and members...the GT magazine editor got that part wrong

Thankfully they included our correct web site address within the article...

... and so it goes

Cheers, and Happy 4th to all...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I like Paul's idea. Just a simple 'member' or 'guest' designation might do wonders ....

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    CONGRATULATIONS to our club for making it in the 'club profile' column in this month's British GT Purely Porsche magazine...

Now..... all we need is more dues paying members to keep us going...
    It's still a struggle... and it still baffles me...

With more recognition we're still under 500 club members... and now with almost 1600 registered message board users... you tell me ?

Anyway.......... Good'on'us
    Is there a need for a minor increase in dues? I'm concerned about the statement "all we need is more dues paying members to keep us going". Also, would the "board" like any marketing assistance? I, for one, want to keep this special organization going!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I would be happy to pay a contribution fee for the ability to participate in this BB, but I never heard of this until I read this thread. Perhaps a little more emphasis on the fact that this is a non-pro deo website (or is it?) might help. I guess there are a lot more people like me who do not precisely know the ins and outs of this BB? I found this BB more than 2 years ago, I was a regular visitor but I haven't visited the BB for ages since recently. To me, this was just a BB where a lot of hardcore early 911 enthusiasts share their knowledge and opinions. No one ever told me to pay anything. However, since all the knowledge on this BB is very valuable (and entertaining) to me, I would be happy to pay a fee.

My suggestion would be to make very clear to (new) subscribers that a subscription fee is required and perhaps it would even be possible to grant certain priviliges to paying members? (or perhaps that is already the case?)

Perhaps it is my fault, perhaps I should have read/investigated more closely before I started hopping around the BB. Anyway, I will stop typing now, and look for the section where to subscribe.

(just wondering: is THIS the reason that no-one has yet answered my question on the roadmaster fanfare?)

Danny
    (hopefully a paying member within short notice)

I am embarassed to say that I did not know about GT magazine and its connection to the Web site. Could you please fill me in? Or direct me to the place on this site that explains it (it is probably in front of my nose but i often missed the obvious). Thanks in advance... I didn't mean to be a "free loader"
    SCOTT

No need to reply

OK, my only excuse was I was too excited about finding this site to ever notice the "membership" link. So now i have cleverly downloaded the membership application and cleverly sent it off with my check. If I may make a small suggestion -- perhaps some sort of banner at the top of the pages reminding users that there is a membership request -- until this thread I never realized it. Anyway, I hope my oversight is forgiven.
    SCOTT