Thread: Art Center Car Classic '05

Art Center Car Classic '05

Sunday, July 17.

This is the annual car design seminar that features lectures by world leaders in automotive design (including RGruppe's Freeman Thomas). This year, the featured speaker is Gordon Murray, designer of racecars and supercars, including the McLaren F1 and Mercedes SLR McLaren.

More info at:
    http://www.artcenter.edu/carclassic/

Leno and his McLaren are supposed to be there.

Sherwood

I wish I could go... My brother Steve is showing his Lamborghini LP400, an absolutely incredible car. Here are some photos from 2004 Italiano and our campsite above turn 6 at the Historics.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Sorry but your green 911E is way more appealing in every way than that red Lambo.

But of course, I could be biased towards green 911E's...
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

I guess there are still some tickets available. I just got one a few minutes ago. Missed the $40 cut-off, but wasn't sure about going until I just said to myself, "Go." See you there, Sherwood?

(This is one place where I don't think I'll drive the Ragamuffin.)

Zeke,
    Probably not this time. Other things on schedule that day. Have fun though.

How about breakfast we talked about awhile back? Since the Registry isn't doing anything official lately, maybe we could ingest some breakfast food on Sunday morning.

Anyone else interested?

Sherwood

Art Center

Had a great time, alot of nice cars.
    Zeke,
    Did you get to see any of the vintage race footage? Was supposed to have Daytona, '69 & '70 LeMans. By the time I got to the Media Room, only thing playing was some older Ford film on an endless loop....
    RGr #145
    SReg #367
    RSpec #2.7

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Shooter
    Had a great time, alot of nice cars.
    Zeke,
    Did you get to see any of the vintage race footage? Was supposed to have Daytona, '69 & '70 LeMans. By the time I got to the Media Room, only thing playing was some older Ford film on an endless loop....
    While I had a good enough time, I thought the thing was poorly organized for a first timer. I stopped at 2 booths in the center of the vendor area before I figured out where I presented my ticket for the wrist band (no signs). I needed to use a restroom (no signs) and I looked everywhere for Leno's SLR (nobody with the show knew what an SLR was). It was in the online advertisment; but I don't think it made it out). I didn't see the entrance to the media room (no signs). I though the PA system would destroy my ears.

Other than that, it was great. BTDT

Leno got there late morning, I forget what time it was exactly. He brought his McLaren F1.

I agree that it was poorly laid out, especially since they have been doing this a few years now.

I tried to go the first year it was held and the parking was a mess. They have that worked out. I thought the price of admission was a bit steep, considering the first year was free and they increase it each year. I did get in on the early price however. I don't think I'll go next year. While there were a lot of great cars there, some I have seen at other events for free.

I posted a few of the pictures I took:

Art Center '05 pics

-Ray