Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 69S-anyone see this one? thoughts?

69S-anyone see this one? thoughts?

http://www.911t.org/class/carsale/car22.htm

more info if you go to the carsale section...
    not mine.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

It might be the same as was available in Oregon last year (was it on johnaudettecollection.com?).

Richard

If the motor and trans are as described? They alone are worth the $10K!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I'm just getting up to speed on a lot of this stuff. Seems to me that it's either too good to be true or the deal of the year?
    Bill G.

Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating

Quote Originally Posted by 911scfanatic
    I'm just getting up to speed on a lot of this stuff. Seems to me that it's either too good to be true or the deal of the year?
    Too good to be true. I think that ad is 2-3 years old. That was one of Curt's (racea911) projects that was sold to Audette and later resold again. Don't know where it's at now, maybe Curt does?

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Yeah that old section of the 911t.org classifieds has been closed for a couple of years now.

nothing like current info...
    Bill G.

That car was advertised on Pelican ~ 15 months ago:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=148628
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

This car was offered recently for $12K obo so I believe it is current.

Joe

69s

Most recent ad here: http://www.early911s.com/

I have been following this car for years. It is a 69 S (No sunroof).
    The engine and trans were completely redone at Ollie's in So. Cal.
    Very nice job with receipts, etc.
    I talked to John Audette (in Bend, OR) when he had it for sale last year. The short story is that the body has extensive rust damage. He had all the new parts but they needed to be welded in (and I have no welding skills) so I was looking at big bucks to have that work done. One quote I got was $25,000 (included paint). I ahve since found someone locally who is very experienced at this type of resto work (got the quote for around $12,000). So I was interested again and contacted this latest seller. He wants $12,000 for the project, so I would have $12,000 + $12,000 = $24,000 into the project at which point it would still require total reassembly plus who knows what else along the way. I thought about this one a long time but in the end, I passed. I figured if two POs had given up, why?