Thread: Dana Pt. Rgruppe/Early 911S registry day on the lawn

Thumbs up Dana Pt. Rgruppe/Early 911S registry day on the lawn

Wow!!....had a great day... met all the boyz at the usual So. O.C. spot off the Ortega Hwy/5 Fwy....hung out for a while and then caravaned down to Dana Pt. and the 356 Registry Concours.

All the usual suspects (well...almost all the usual....) were in attendance and we had our own "back lot area just like in years past with plenty of open lawn to give you that "elbow room" you wanted as you chkd out all the other early 911 hot rods....very cool indeed!! I think this year was a record attendance for the early 911 hot rod crowd....we were very well represented, and this looked real good in light of the seemingly hundreds of 356's on hand....

Around noon we all went over to our good friend and fellow RGruppe & Early 911S Registry member Rob Wolford's Incredible "Pad" for some totally "above the call of duty" Hospitality from Him & his lovely wife Barbara Ann.....(I pigged out for a 2nd year in a row on all her home made desert treats !!! oh yeah !!!) anyway.....A massivly delicious Mexican cuisine ...with more than any of us could eat and almost 1 on 1 minute by minute attention by Team Wolford made this an RGruppe/Early 911S registry event to have not missed.....too cool Rob!!!

Gloria & I drove home in our 911's fat, full & satisfied....this was early 911 hot rod heaven.....

Special Thank you's to the 356 Registry and Rob & Barbara Ann Wolford.....
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

This thread could use some pics...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Great Party

Rob, thanks again for all the food and fun. A great time was had by all!!!
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Somebody left their cell phone at my place. Anybody????

BTW, the President of the 356 Club called me tonight to thank US for helping to make their show such a smashing success. I told him he had it all backwards, we needed to be thanking them for allowing us to participate in such a great event.

He said everybody really enjoyed the early 911's and he hopes that we'll participate again next year. I told him the pleasure would be all ours!

Wolf
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Gburner
    Some show photos here.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=230478
    Good on ya Rob for hosting the after show bench racing.

Unhappy

Damn, stuck in Vegas and missed another great W-Coast event!

Hoover Dam was 116+ with a steady 23 mph wind. Bizarre climate for a couple of Vermonters.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Yes, a special thanks to Rob and Barbara Ann for hosting me for the weekend and putting me up in the 'Princess Suite'.

Sorry I missed the party after the Concour, but I had a great time inspite of the unintended rally exhaust modification.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Great day of Porsche's! Was a pleasure to meet many of you. I wasn't too impressed though, with those old ratty looking 356 cars....

Rob, sorry I could not make it to your afterglow but I really appreciate the invite. Hopefully next time.

Cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

More pictures of tht 356 4 cam. Pleeeze.

Best,

Don

Gburner
    Couple more photos here.
    http://www.infive.com/DanaPoint/
    Attached Images Attached Images