Thread: For Randywebb - jazz blue 911

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au

For Randywebb - jazz blue 911

Hey Randy,

As requested - here is "jazz blue"...

I don't have any really good pics of Mike's daily ... so I'm digging through others' pics of events to find you some.

Colour is jazz blue pearl metallic (bitch to match of course). It's an option colour for circa 1999 VW Golf - yeah, yeah non-original and all that s...! But this was the blue we all fell in love with, so that's what she got. Looks magnificent at night - indigo under lights. The car isn't exactly original anyway, what with 3.2 Carrera flares, 7" & 8" x 16s etc. But she is a nice, sweet daily driver that has a fair bit of grunt for a CIS 2.7S, with great fuel economy which is a little bonus given the price of gas here at the moment!

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Cool color... cool ride... looks tough... bet Mike's kicked some ass in it...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks Lisa - it looks close to Mexico Blue...

Chuck/Randy,

It's no startling performer, just a quiet achiever. Plans were originally to build another engine with a lot more grunt, special gearbox, coil overs etc etc but honestly it's nice the way it is. The project ran away (yes even for us who should know better) and the car ended up being too good to mess with. So now we just enjoy it (and cringe with every stone chip). And yes, Mike does kick a.. when the mood takes him on some of our runs , usually when our littlest guy Billy (6) is giving him a big rev up from the back seat!

It's kinda like mexico blue, except when you put a mexico blue car next to it and then it looks very different! It's hard to get a true colour in pics - because it's a pearl it's very deep and rich; something I couldn't find in Porsche blues at the time.

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Lisa-- That color looks AWESOME!
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Quote Originally Posted by SandyI
    Lisa-- That color looks AWESOME!
    Thanks Sandy !

We like it...and for a so-called 'old 911' she turns heads that's for sure . I had a front spoiler rubber and a 3.2 tail put away for her, but we've decided not to fit them as she looks sleek the way she is; although I've gotta say without those spoilers she does get a little light on the road over 100mph...all my other 911s have had spoilers and it's taking some getting used to, but I'll manage !

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Put the tail on and the front spoiler rubber. Sleek is nice. But to me, that color has "outrageous" written all over it.

There's rumor of a spec911 race series to run next year with the Porsche Owners Club that will be 1978-1989 911's. I've started doing some initial hunting, thinking when I found one, I'd do the mods and paint it a 1972 Tangerine. But now I'm looking at yours and thinking... BLUUUUUE!
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Thumbs up blue

lisa the color is cool, and the P looks great and bet she drives as well as she looks.

I've gotta say without those spoilers she does get a little light on the road over 100mph...

Ya'got that right Lisa...

Dove the old blue car for 7 years before I got the duck tail...
    Before, when at the 'other end' of 5th gear, I would wonder why the hell my hands and forearms were get'n tired... HOLDING ON FOR DEAR LIFE!!! ... that's why

After I put the tail on the front end settled amazingly...

I often wonder admireringly how those pre '73 p-car racers went SO damn fast with no aero help at all... I think a lot of it was what David Hobbs commented on during one aggressive move saying "The boy had a abundance of lower extremities"....

... and so it goes

BTW- I think we might have a couple of those early 911 fast guy racers at our banquet....

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hey Chuck,

About 12 months ago Mike and I went on a run with the guys (no kids - yey)...took 'jazz blue' and I drove - Mike thought it was time I got the keys to her for a change! First part of the run was pretty lively as the weather was OK at that stage but very windy. We were hot tailing one of the guys in his 3.2 Carrera when we got caught in some cross winds. The car felt really ordinary at the business end of 5th and I kept quizzing Mike on alignment settings, shocker valving etc - finally he said to me "what have you forgotten?" - "dunno - what?" - "no bloody spoilers ya twit!" - well the penny dropped big time then didn't it! I really had forgotten what a huge difference they make as all my other 911s had spoilers...since then she's had a bit more tweaking (torsion bars, more camber etc etc) and has much better road manners at speed. Given that we don't intend to track the car we'll leave the spoilers off as we like the look (or are gluttons for punishment )...we'll build a nice light car for the track...one day!

Sandy - dare to be different - why not tangerine with blue bumpers and trim - what a statement !

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726