Thread: Body Shop

Body Shop

I need to respray two black cars, a 60 B Roadster and a 73 E/RS - Neither has rust or needs significant bodywork; both are a little tired and were last painted about ten to fifteen years ago. It is probably time to replace the top on the Roadster. Both are low mileage, have all their original parts (except bumpers + deckllid on E/RS) and have never been hit. Can anyone recommend a great shop in the Northeast. I am looking for the next tier down from Jim Newton (Automobile Associates of Canton). Both cars are driven more than shown. Extensive Porsche experience is critical as both cars are almost entirely original and I don't want to be the owner who screws them up.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

paint

Steven just saw your post....

I was going to say Jim but........

you can call Dan Jacobs at Hairy Dog Garage......in CT also....Bethel? Oxford?... very nice guy and very knowledgable......if he does not have paint shop( cant remember) he will know who is good but a bit cheaper than Jim... lemme know wha happens

oh...also call Cheech at Rennwerke..Yonkers NY....he knows 1 or 2 local(Westchester) guys that are good but not concours like Jim......

Cheech can be a bit abrasive but just get to the point and show a strong personaility and he'll be just fine....he's a big moody pussycat......mentioning Joel Kaplan(me) and Gary Turco w/ the black- silver track car wont hurt......

Similar Threads

1. Seen at the Body-shop
    By LongRanger in forum Other Car Cultures
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 01:45 PM
  2. Arizona Body Shop Recommendation
    By 50/50 in forum General Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 10:12 AM
  3. Porsche body shop NJ/NY/PA
    By sgeks1 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3