Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911

Hi a workmate may sell his 1973 911E to me. It is perfect and has original paint 70k miles etc with correct cardex and recaro seats. What is a fair price?
    He thinks 32k is that about right?

I recently paid $28,500 for 1970E with 64,000 miles in mostly original paint, mint condition. Not sure how to compare the 2.2 vs 2.4
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Another infamous 1973 911E

There was just recently a lot of discussion here about another 1973 911E that was being "flipped" on ebay. The bidding hit $32,000 but not his reserve price so it didn't sell. It was also all original with original paint and sunroof, leather sport seats, etc. Very nice car. The "seller" had found it for something like $14,000, and he did put some work into it - replaced carbs with the correct MFI setup - but $32k??? Too steep for me. I would say it is probably worth somewhere in the high $20k range. Depends on equipement and of course condition. You can still find them for less, usually needing a lot of work, and they go fast, but it takes a lot of work to find them. GL.

"Fair price?" It is like saying beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. A woman to one man is beautiful and the next guy would say better him and not me. If you feel the price is fair and the seller feels the price is fair then it is a good deal. To protect your interests you should have a pre-purchase inspection done by an independent shop. Will probably run a couple of hundred but may just save you from buying a motor ready to bomb.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

That is a pretty steep price for an E but if it as decribed it may be worth but that is your call.
    Phil

Curious choice of a posting name for a first time poster...any Grace Slick fans here??? "A hookah smoking caterpillar has given you the call...go ask Alice, when she's nine feet tall"....
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

$32K sounds a little steep, but all original does require a premium. I bought my 'S' in the 20s not too long ago, but with a body off non-original color repaint, missing front trunk VIN plate and no MFI, it was discounted accordingly. If all of those things were righted on the car, It would be a mid-40s car. So take the same premium for condition for your E and it sounds on the high side of fair. If it were my car and we were friends, I'd sell it to you for south of 30 and feel good about it.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit
    Hi a workmate may sell his 1973 911E to me. It is perfect and has original paint 70k miles etc with correct cardex and recaro seats. What is a fair price?
    He thinks 32k is that about right?
    Well, if it was an S with these options, it would easily be worth $50,000 plus. So, if having only 25HP less than an S, with no S serial number, yet all original, and will stay right with an S up to 100MPH, I would say if you know the seller, and you know it is truly original, and you have seen the car, it is fairly priced. If the car was across the country, you would be looking at another $1,500-1,800 for shipping. Knowing the seller and having it in your area is priceless. If it runs as good as it looks, if you feel froggy, I would jump.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Thumbs up Ask Bruce Anderson! $32,000 For Any 911e Is Crazy!

TODD OVERHOL wrote:

Re;
    Ebay listing for a very nice silver 1973 911”E” sunroof coupe. The listing started at $1,000 and within 2 hours there were 7 bids to $14,000.. then the next day the bids made $19,000.. I ended the auction early for $23,500..

Dear execmalibu,

I challenge the accuracy and honesty of your ad as it's chock full of bull****. Maybe for the non-Porschephile, your hype sounds accurate, but for those in 'the know', we see right through it. First, your asking price is out of line. Excellence market report (Bruce Anderson) suggests the 1973 911E is valued @ $11K-$14.5K (even for an excellent example) Second, these cars are NOT rare (yet) as there were approx. 4400 produced - many with sunroof option.

Third, you CANNOT begin to compare the performance of a 911E and a 911S!!!! You're way off base here Willis.

See stats below....
    1973 911E: 0-60mph = 7.9 sec top speed = 138mph bhp = 165 # produced = 4400
    1973 911S: 0-60 = 6.6 sec top speed = 144 bhp = 190 # produced = 5000

Please stop with the dishonest, hype-driven descriptions, get a grip, offer a fair description and value the car with a sense of accuracy.

THE CAR SOLD AT $23,500 IN 2 DAYS!! A CLEAR CAR BUT FAR FROM 100%"ORIGINAL PAINT" AND NO SPORT SEATS..

ASK SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND CLEAN ORIGINAL PAINT 1973 911 "E" COUPES.. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!
    YEAH RIGHT!

$32,000 IS CRAZY!..NUTS!.. OUT OF LINE!...PASSS!

WHAT DID YOU SAY THE SELLERS NUMBER IS??

ANY NICE, RUST FREE, ORIGINAL PAINT, 70K MILES 1973 911T IS WORTH $25,000++! AND A 911 "E" WITH SPORT SEATS..

$32,000 IS FAIR!

YOU CANT PAY TO MUCH..ONLY TO SOON..

GOOD LUCK!

That was kinda funny.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389