Thread: Andial Open House 7/16

More than Original

Andial Open House 7/16

Rumor has it Andial is having an open house tomorrow 7/16 starting at 9 am.

Andial Road and Racing
    3207 S. Shannon St.
    Santa Ana
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

I stopped by about 10:30. No one I knew, but a fair turnout. As usual, some great cars. In particular was a tan '73 S with brown int and houndstooth cloth inserts. The car was nearly perfect. Anyone here own this car?

There was another car getting a lot of attention. It was a red Speedster with 934 add-on fenders, turbo and flat fan 962. Not quite my thing, but a hell of a car. There were others, couple of 356's, one a cab that was perfect, and some very nice mid year and SC stuff.

All in all, not the best open house Andial has put on, but nice to see Arnold and Dieter just the same. Dieter had a LOT of his bicycle buddies there in full riding dress. Two very cool BWW cycles, too. Good variety.

There are a bunch of pics on Pelican if you want to see.

that red speedster...

...sounds like it could be the car that (don't recall his first name) Primm had built up, back when the car was new. Apparently he drove the car once and, like Tim Allen, decided it "needed more power so he re-wired it". Primm is a successful vegas-based businessman. (Primm, Nevada).

This is all from ancient memory - I could very well be waaaay off on this one. I DO remember thinking the car was a "bit much", but I'm sure it's an absolute hoot to drive...

All this was in an issue of Excellence (I think...)

Cheers
    Thom Kuby

edit: just went over to to the Pelican thread...turns out I was spot on; not bad for a '54 brain on a sunday morning, eh?

Yes, that speedster (emphasis on the speed part) is also in BAs performance handbook I think...
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown