Thread: Ran into Sweet Baby James today

Talking Ran into Sweet Baby James today

Heidi and I ran into hisownself James Taylor shopping and dining on Church Street in Burlington today.

"James?"

"Yep."

Very relaxed and chilled. Just friendly banter about the old days in the '60s Boston area music scene, the Love-Ins on the Cambridge Common (and the Be-Ins as they were first called), his time at Apple with the Beatles. Very cool to see ol' James in his crumpled seersucker suit looking so content. The man's got grace.

On the romp back home over the mountain, I dug out one of his live performances and cranked the 911's Blaupunkt volume knob. His latest performances are not all sappy and romantical, some of it friggin' ROCKS. The live electric guitar break "Steamroller Blues" through the 1000 watt home-built system is just glorious!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

JT in VT

Very cool!

I will be flying out of Portland, OR to Kennebunkport, ME this Tuesday night.
    Why don't you and professor Cabell swing out for some lobster and a cold beer?
    Howard Lazarus
    Early S Registry #357
    RGruppe #181
    1971 911S Conda Green, Factory Airport Gears
    1972 Corsican Rose Love Fest

Jens, a golden opportunity missed...you could have asked him what Dennis Wilson was really like...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    We used to see him all the time back in the day in Stockbridge and Lenox Ma.and at Tanglewood - missed him this year. Alices Rest does exist (still). The opening scene in that film was shot 2 miles from where I grew up - I skiid at that mountain from 3 yrs, old.

Hey Howard how did you like K- Port ? I live in the town next door.

Small worl;

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Jens,
    I admit that is a pretty decent set of blues riffs for a white folky guy.
    Phil