Thread: Engine Rebuild

Engine Rebuild

Hi Guys/Girls

i have been reading your forum for ages and decided it was about time i had a go.I have been rebuilding my 1970 2.2E engine for the last 26 weeks and i can finally see the end. The rebuild has been my first and the engine is standard except for a carrera oil pump, oil bypass mod, chain oil mod and tensioners. I had the help of a great guy who has worked on Porsches since 1969 and knows how to set up the MFI and has been great at finding me bits and lending me tools. Hope you like the pics. regards John from the UK.

Wow. Looks nice. Good candidate for a museum piece.

Sherwood

I agree. Gorgeous. It'll be almost a crime to run it...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    John,

That is a beautiful work of art . You have obviously put a lot of time into the detailing of many pieces...even though not original I really like the contrast of the black finish against the fan...like a frame - very nice!

Well done - now stick it in the car and enjoy it !

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Very nice work John... and welcome to the board

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

If this is the first one I'd love to see what you can do with some experience!
    Stunning!

It is beautiful work but I can see you going for a loan on your next one because you obviously have an eye for detail and spending the "readies".

Congratulations!

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Very nice.

Whereabouts in the UK are you ?
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Engine Rebuild

Hi

thanks for all the good comments and again i must say i can't take all the credit as i couldnt have done it without my porsche man Mike, by the way i am from south cumbria, near to the lake district.

Regards John

beutiful, john, it would look good imside the house, center table, does your guy do this for a living, will he take other projects, i could send mine up there from spain.