Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early 911S Registry 15th Anniversary Dinner

Thumbs up Early 911S Registry 15th Anniversary Dinner

HERE IT IS... this is our BIG deal... and it's gon'a be GREAT

I'm working on a pretty cool T-Shirt design right now...

Plus - Mike Mascaro and I will be leading a fun run/tour from the GAF back to the hotel before the banquet...

This is what's on our Event page on the web site...

Please attend, put faces to names, hoist'a few, have fun... and support the club.

Early 911S Registry 15th Anniversary Dinner

German Auto Fest, September 10, 2005.

The Early 911S Registry 15th Anniversary Dinner will be at the Ventura Marriott on the Saturday night of the German Auto Fest, September 10, 2005. This is the same hotel that we stayed at last year. We will have reserved parking in the rear and a special display area for selected ‘Early 911S Registry’ cars at the entrance to the hotel. We have arranged special room pricing and have reserved 35 rooms for Friday night and 65 rooms for Saturday night; the room rate is $135.00 single and $145.00 double. Call the hotel directly at 805-643-6000 and reserve your rooms under The Early 911S Registry.

We are working on a guest speaker and will have door prizes and 70’s racing movies. The cost for the dinner is $65.00 each and includes an event T-shirt, key fob, door prize tickets and racing movies; additional door prize tickets can be purchased at the door. Please select either New York Steak or Sautιed Atlantic Salmon below.

Saturday Night, Sept. 10, 2005
    5:30pm to 7:00pm - no host bar outside the banquet room
    7:00pm - dinner, guest speaker, door prizes and racing movies.
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/Ima...DinnerForm.pdf
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    OK,

Before I fill out this form I need to know....shirt sizing - are we talking men's small etc or are we talking a unisex small or what? Help Chuck please!

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Hey Lis,

I'd love to mess with your question... but I know this stuff is important.. so here goes...

It varies a little because Hammond tries different brands and styles but...

We're talk'n 'standard' men's T-shirt sizing from Small to XXX ... a Small is still big on a (normal) pre-teen...

Gals usually go from a Small to a Medium to wear out... to a Large if you like the room... to a XL for a night shirt...

Guys - Usually Large to XL

I'm about 5-7, 155lbs, medium build and I take a large..but... if there runn'n big, sometimes a medium...

You can always e-mail Mike Hammond and maybe get the answers I don't have...

Man, I hope this is some help sweetie...
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

And I'd love to mess with your answer... (night shirt? what night shirt??? )...but hey thanks - just what I wanted to know.

When Clyde did our shirts for last year's Nats they were gorgeous high quality 'blokey' golf shirts - but they were huge! Now I didn't mind as I am 'one of the boys' and wanted to be in the spirit of things, but when Mum pulled hers on I swear it went down to her knees! Clyde wouldn't hear of it ("you look like you're wearing a tent Lis") and sweetheart that he is organised a couple of girls shirts for us. As I have orders from home to fill as well I just wanted to know so as not to muck you guys around with sizes (you'll have enough to do).

So now we're officially on the countdown...yippee

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

It seems we're having slow pre-registrations and hotel pre-reservations for our Anniversary event...

This is going to be a GREAT event...

- We going to have ex-Vasek Polak 1967 C-Production champion 911S driver Davey Jordan ... and Mitch Rossie, who wrote all the great early 911S build up articles in European Car .... talk to us and take questions

- Mike Mascaro and myself are going to lead a fun-run-tour on Sat. afternoon ending up at the Hotel before the banquet...

- Stoddard European Imports have just come on board as event sponsor, and will be introducing themselves to whole new generation of early 911 enthusiasts.

The event is open to nonmembers...
    Also we're expecting a BIG R-Gruppe turn out as well ... 'we are them/and them are us'

I JUST finished the T-shirt design today ... and it's cool, different then I usually do...

So please.. get your reservations and registrations in NOW....

Here's some new info

[QUOTE]
    The room rate for the Marriott Hotel, $135.00 single and $145.00 double is valid only until Aug. 19. After that date, the rate will go back up to $200.00 per night. Call the hotel directly at 805-643-6000 and reserve your room under the Early 911S Registry. The hotel has provided us with reserved parking at the rear of the hotel-like last year and we will have display space at the entrance of the hotel for 4-5 Early 911S Registry cars. We will be selecting the cars to be displayed from the people signed up for the dinner on Saturday night.

The Early 911S Registry 15th anniversary Dinner will be at the Ventura Marriott on the Saturday night of the German Auto Fest, September 10, 2005.

--The evening ceremonies host driver Davey Jordan sharing his experiences from the 60s and early 70s when he raced at Sebring, Daytona and other famed circuits in such legendary Porsches as the RSK, RS-60, the Elva Porsche, the 904, Carrera 6, 908 and of course, the 911S.

The evening will also include a presentation from automotive journalist Mitchell Sam Rossi highlighting the build up of his 1970 911S into currently competitive Martini&Rossi-inspired club race car. The car will be on display during the evening. Both speakers will also be available for Q&A sessions.

We will also have door prizes and racing movies from the 70's. The door prizes are provided by Stoddard Motor Cars and the Early 911S Registry. The registration form in the Newsletter and on the web site asks that the form be mailed in by Aug. 10, we are extending the date to Aug. 24. Please send in your registration, the dinner is limited to 100 people.

The Early 911S Registry tent and Boutique will be at the same place as last year-between the two exhibit buildings and we have arranged to park our cars along with the R-Gruppe cars on the grass at the end and north side of Main Street. We have parking passes for each club with plenty of space for a description of your car on the parking pass. Please send an email requesting a pass and for what club to johndilger@aol.com and I will email back. I need to know how many people are planning to attend. We will line up out side of the enteric to the Fair Grounds at 7 AM on Saturday to drive in as a group. The parking pass is needed, so that the people directing you will put you is the right area. When driving is, hold up the pass so that the people directing traffic can see which club you want to park with.

Email or call John Dilger for information or questions, johndilger@aol.com, 714-834-0258 PDT home number.
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Looking forward

Oregon will be well represented;

Tom Fender
    Howard Lazarus

Maybe even the good Perfesser Schmidt ... ?
    Howard Lazarus
    Early S Registry #357
    RGruppe #181
    1971 911S Conda Green, Factory Airport Gears
    1972 Corsican Rose Love Fest

As of last weekend we have MANY more hotel room reservations then banquet registrations...

We know you're coming to the GAF, we know most are staying for a second day... and we HOPE you all know about our 15th Anniversary dinner Sat. night...

So please send in you're registration forms as soon as you can... we need a head count ASAP...http://www.early911sregistry.org/Ima...DinnerForm.pdf

This dinner is open to members, non-members, potential members, and all early 911 enthusiasts alike...

This is going to be a GREAT social gathering...
    So come and socialize with your friends, look at some great cars on display, have a drink, have a great dinner, watch some car movies, listen/learn/question a couple of impressive speakers, win a raffle prize... AND most of all come out and support the club that brings you this message board.

Cheers and please get those forms in...
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck, sounds like it will be a fantastic night, I know Lisa and Phil are very much looking forward to it. I would love to be there but someone has to hold the Fort. I hear there might be some others from downunder making the trek over for GAF!
    I am glad to hear that slow replies,and non-commitment is not just an Australian problem, but an international one! We, TYP901 and most other clubs and associations I know of have the same problems. Good luck,hope it all goes well.

Thanks Mike...

We'll do our best to host your crew...and all who come from far and wide

Who knows, might be a little some'n extra for those who traveled the furthest outside and inside the US...

... this late registration deal is 'no bloody walk on the beach' mate
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck,

Another TYP901 Register member (Andrew) is making his way over along with a Kiwi mate of his (Michael) who lived for years in Aus. - both early 911 owners who I am told love their wives dearly as they have been granted a long weekend leave pass to come along!

Well we're about to embark along the same journey as you guys...our Nationals booking forms go out tomorrow. No doubt we'll watch the rsvp date come and go with only the "good guys" having responded in time . It's a shame that some people just don't get it - if you can't get confirmed numbers in time you can't confirm anything for the event, like venues and merchandise orders. I often wonder if some people understand just how much it takes to get these events off the ground (like I hit the sack at 3.00am this morning as I was doing a score of things for the Nats.). Maybe one day the shoe will be on the other foot... .

Cheers,
    L
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726