Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $300,000 - $400,000 for a 74 RS??!!!!

$300,000 - $400,000 for a 74 RS??!!!!

Wow, cruising the RM Auction web site checking on the cars coming up for sale at their Monterey auction next month. They have a 74 RS with privateer history at Le Mans with an estimate of $300k - $400k!

Click Here

60 356 Roadster Race Car - ex Dick Barbour
    60 356 Roadster Race Car - Emory Outlaw
    63 Porsche Powered Special Race Car
    67 911S Stock
    67 911S Race Car - ARRC '69 & '71, Daytona 24 '75
    Esses Motorsports

"Est. 250hp three liter naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine with mechanical fuel injection, five-speed manual gearbox, four-wheel competition independent suspension and four-wheel ventilated disc brakes. Wheelbase: 90"

Oops. Guess they left off a couple of cylinders during the rebuild.

Too bad I am not going to the Monty Historics this summer. I would like to check this one out for fun. Maybe someone else can take some photos of it for us to drool over.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

having owned one - i'll know what to look at and take lotsa pics. This car is being detailed out right now on the east coast for this auction
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

not yer basic '74 RS...

but a Carrera RS 3.0. Very rare and special beast. #29 out of 50 or so cars made.

This is the car from the Hershey Parade. # 41
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Does anyone know the paint code for the gold fuchs in Jens' picture?

Also...

Gold paint?

Dennis Frick did the restoration of this one from the Hershey Parade (not my photo). His shop is Europa Machina, just south of Harrisburg, PA. The paint looks right...the wheels' finish doesn't. Too shiney!

RGruppe #183

This is one of my favorite cars. Originally fitted with the ducktail at the factory as were the IROC cars.

RGruppe #183

Quote Originally Posted by Jens
    Dennis Frick did the restoration of this one from the Hershey Parade (not my photo). His shop is Europa Machina, just south of Harrisburg, PA. The paint looks right...the wheels' finish doesn't. Too shiney!
    I don't know... if you look at the factory press fotos the wheels do look slightly polished.

Better picture below.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

I think so Carl. But then again, the factory didn't always fallow their own guidelines for "correctness" either. I have the opinion that a polished finish is not right.

Is that a factory promo shot, or is it a car from the collection of the British lord with all the other incredible cars? Remember the photos of 6 or 7 cars in a semi-circle in front of his manor? Maybe the same as those featured in Victory by Design" (?).

RGruppe #183

Red face

Carl, I just dug out the "Paul Frere's Diary" installment in the August 10, '74 MOTORweek. His car appears to have polished <choke, gasp> wheels with the painted centers. So, maybe the SHINEY treatment is not all that wrong. <sigh>

RGruppe #183