Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $300,000 - $400,000 for a 74 RS??!!!!

Mike's wheels before the heat cycles. An R Gruppe look; I liked 'em.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

ouch
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

I know Nick, I know, but once you get past the Aeroquip idea, it looked pretty cool. It's a lot darker than the ubiquitous blue/red hot rod fake hose-fittings/valve cover bolts/AC bracket/air cleaner covers that I've come to identify with the JC Whitney $2 slap on accessories. But I know what you mean.

...I liked the wheels nevertheless.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

RM Auction Monterey RS 3.0. A decent car that i would be proud to own. Some irregularities were evident: The engine serial number area was too clean- looked like someone recently stamped the # on it. The motor was a "hybrid" on external appearances- headers and block off plates rather than the heater boxes and attendant hose/ ducting. Correct low butterfly injection. There was a steel gas tank- the 85 liter plastic tank (with deep ribs) would have been there originally. The door panels were not correct- they needed the extra material at the top to finish off the painted metal that was left exposed, plus the modified felt clip on channel to keep that vinyl finished off. As i had left my glasses in the car and it was dark, I can't comment on the carpet if it was black perlon. Overall the car looked like the owner had enjoyed it well for the street. The left fender mounted trans cooler system was all there and intact. Could not look closely underneath so no comments there
    It did not meet reserve. The red one that was sold earlier this year at $315k (if the grey cells remember correctly!) was an outstanding car with next to nothing needed, so the $256k (?) offered was close to "correct" given the red car as a standard

Anyone else catch what else the car had?
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR