Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VASEK POLAK PORSCHE HERMOSA BEACH license plate frames

VASEK POLAK PORSCHE HERMOSA BEACH license plate frames

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

You know I think this has been discussed before but the vintage frames would have come from Manhattan Beach prior to the dealership moving to HB, and there seems to be a lot of these popping up lately after someone paid north of $400 on recent ebay. There are places where you could get these made. I don't know if these are not original to dealership but wonder if some of these prices are prudent. I have an old plate frame from dealership in Monterey, CA (late 60's) and the pot metal construction seems a bit different than this one which appears modern chrome.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Based on the SOURCE Curt E found... it would be EASY to get these made. Somebody would just have to commit to having a large number done.

Then, that someone could start selling them... say, as pairs... on ebay!?
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Order minimum is 100 (pretty typical). If I saw 50 sets come up in a short period, I'd be concerned. I'm not seeing that yet...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

The seller of these latest ones on ebay "assured" me that he got them with race parts orders from VP. He said they gave him a "few" pairs every once in a while. I'm expecting to see them again. (and again?)

if everybody drove a 911 would we be so thrilled to have one
    Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    I have an old plate frame from dealership in Monterey, CA (late 60's) and the pot metal construction seems a bit different than this one which appears modern chrome.
    Being a Monterey native, I'd KILL for one of these. If you see another, let me know?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by real550A
    I'm expecting to see them again. (and again?)
    Oh really? Like 72targa, I've not seen any great supply of VP frames, NOS or otherwise, ever hitting the market, but please do let us know when you see these again...

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

does the registry want to go in on making a bunch of these and ea new 911Sregistry member gets a pair with paid membership
    Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser