Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VASEK POLAK PORSCHE HERMOSA BEACH license plate frames

We need to start a thread titled "MORE MONEY THAN SENSE" or "MORE CENTS THAN SENSE".
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa

Jeeeez. He doesn't even bother to make up a new story about how he came to possess these. This pair is also from his buddy's 356
    1971 911E Targa

All of you 911E owners, come join us at The 911E Registry at 911E.org

frame up

I do not understand why anyone would want something like that junking up a great looking Porsche? Even for $5.00 I wouldn't buy one. How about Mud Flaps with the dealers name?

FYI I just put in a repo order for 5,000 for these. Do you think that will have any affect on the market
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Those Hermosa Beach frames look way wrong.

So correct me if I am wrong, based on dated 1966 sales literature Vasek Polack was in Manhattan Beach in 1966, Hermosa Beach prior to that.

I thought most frames had that checkered pattern on each end of the bottom side.

I know a little about the Vasek days as I used to work for Dieter R. Oest - owner of Oest Enterprises who was also the former pit crew chief circa 1976 for Vasek. I acquired a few cool thing from Dieter - shop uniforms, racing suit patches, cool sales liturature, and my NOS lic plate frame pictured here:
    Attached Images Attached Images

figures!

I believe the same story is there because its the same item AGAIN because at $1225,I bet that buyer never came through. Thats a lot of "cheese" for repops!
    He even says that the license frames with only one Porsche crest are the "real fakes"
    what a douche! trying to establish the authentic criteria to suit his scam!
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen

So correct me if I am wrong, based on dated 1966 sales literature Vasek Polack was in Manhattan Beach in 1966, Hermosa Beach prior to that.
    e:
    They were in Manhattan first , then moved to Second St and PCH in Hermosa Beach where they stayed till the end ....
    So I think you have it backwards.....

and is now a drug store,,,,

Chuck

Yup, I just looked at my Fall 1969 dealer list that originally came with all the paperwork/manuals on my 1970 S. It stated Hermosa Beach. My 912 was purchased new from Vasek in 1966 - Manhattan Beach.

Anyway the frame I posted is supposed to be correct for my 66 912 - per Dieter (although he did work in the racing department and what did those guy pay attention to).

having lived near there it was orginally MB when they moved they went to HB on the east side of pch then when they got the bmw dealership they moved again splitting p and bmw to 2 seperate builidings on the west side of the st.

IMO there are likely a lot of fake plate frames and that kind of money is not smart. I laugh especially at the 356 gatherings where every car there has one. Just my opinion which isn't worth much.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser