Thread: Fuchs valve stem hole size

Fuchs valve stem hole size

anyone out there know the hole size for the valve stem on a 15 in. Fuchs? Thanks.

I think its a standard size with the exception of the deep 6's that used a tube.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Early deep Fuchs, or late flat Fuchs?

I had a set of the early with hearts. But the there are stems out of Europe that fit better and you do not need the tubes. Track guys may have the answer for this one or you may want to ask Klub Sport I thought they had found a good source.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Deep sixes and earlier were all designed to run tubes, thus a larger stem hole than the flat sixes and later fuchs. I didn't write the valve stem number, but evidently there is a stem made for tractors (not sure) that allows the running of tubless tires on the early fuchs wheels designed for tubes.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Deep six valve stems.

Hello: You can use truck valve stems for the deep sixs. Go to a good tire place and they should have them. I've also seen the deep sixs machined to fit race type valve stems with the nut on the outside. The last would be better for a track car. Thanks Eric

912->911 conversion
    I don't know what the size is, but just a thought - early Beetle/356 rims (designed for tubes) have a larger than normal hole and there are wide base stems to fit those.

Run a search on this on the bbs, but from memory it's a TR415 valve stem. I've got mulitple early deep 6's, and no issues.

Eric

I posted a pic and the hole size on Pelican - it's 11 mm + a tad.