1999 E36 323iS coupe

I love this car, but it has to go with the purchase of my early 911S! This car has been lovingly maintained and has been ultra reliable, but our Subaru is more flexible.

The car is basically perfect. It is titanium silver on black leather interior, which is just stunning. It has a 5 speed manual transmission, electric sunroof and windows, dual zone climate control, heated seats, Harmon/Kardon premium stereo w/ 6 disc CD changer, anti-lock brakes, traction control, sport package (which includes M3 suspension, steering wheel and shifter), OEM M3 wheels (7.5" F, 8.5"R), new rear tires; it is as loaded a car as you could buy, short of having an automatic transmission.

The car has a little over 74,000 miles and was maintained by BMW of Fife up until 35,000 miles. The car was my dad's to that point. When I took possession of the car, it was maintained by BMW of Bellevue until 50,000 miles when the warranty expired. The remaining maintenance that hasn't been done by me personally has been done by Precision Motorworks (Seattle, WA). I believe that I can call all three of these places and get a
full printed maintenance history if desired. The car is essentially a one owner car (one family at least). It has been maintained to the highest standards with only synthetic oils and BMW fluids used.

As we all know, these cars have a number of little things that always go wrong with them between 50,000 and 75,000 miles. These are:

* the air conditioning unit goes haywire
* the fan resistor pack quits
* the brake light switch fails
* the thermostat fails
* battery fails

I have just fixed all of these; the air conditioning unit has had the faulty resistor replaced and will not cause you any problems. The brake light switch, fan resistor pack and thermostat are new and will again last about 75,000 miles before they start to wear out. The battery will most likely give another 7 - 8 years of service and has a warranty if it does fail.

I average a little over 23 miles per gallon in mixed driving (commuting) but get over 30 MPG on the highway. If you aren't a leadfoot, the car will get even better mileage. The car does runs fine on mid-grade gas, but is only filled up on premium.

I have already purchased the Carfax report on the car. It shows that it has not had any accident history. I will happily email this to anyone interested.

I'm looking for $16K .

Thanks for looking.