Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1972T w/$49K reserve back on Ebay

rickrick? Cold??? You don't know how tempted I was, then. You are a wise man...Keep that Irish Green T! It is a gorgeous car, judging by the pics. If your auction had passed reserve, and you'd sold? You'd probably be kicking yourself later on...and I'm not just talking the money here. Some here reflect the statement about knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing. Of course, I'm just going by my own aesthetic sense here. For example, I don't like "yeller" headlight lenses, either.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK
    If that T is 49K, then how much is this, one owner, never seen rain, 28K miles targa?
    Is this the one that was in Europe?? How about this 73T with 3,800 miles, all original silver paint, and all original interior?????
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

PWD............thanks brother.........I appreciate those words! By the way, we have the exact same coco mats - You know my favorite guitar player once said "If six turned out to be nine...I don't mind...........I don't mind....if all the hippies, cut off all their hair.....I don't care......I don't care! Cause I've got my own world to live thru...and I ain't gonna copy you.
    I appreciate real folks talkin................

rick

real price--get real

put the car on e bay and do lots of photos and a great description,with no reserve,then you'll find out what the car is worth,either a car is for sale or it's not;only for sale at a certain price(read unrealistic) it's not for sale.Stop pricing your cars,just looking for what it's worth and wasting everybodies time!Now you know why I retracted my bid......it's a game,I'm not playing.

Quote Originally Posted by rickrick
    PWD............thanks brother.........I appreciate those words! By the way, we have the exact same coco mats - You know my favorite guitar player once said "If six turned out to be nine...I don't mind...........I don't mind....if all the hippies, cut off all their hair.....I don't care......I don't care! Cause I've got my own world to live thru...and I ain't gonna copy you.
    I appreciate real folks talkin................

rick
    Ahhhh, but that guy from Seattle lived through his world a bit too quickly, didn't he? That's one of the reasons why Cindy & I have been talking of turning a pretty clean '72S into just another clapped out high miles car...life isn't a dress rehearsal. I'm still mulling the idea over, because frankly, at this stage in life, road trips just aren't the fun they used to be.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by pwd72s
    That's one of the reasons why Cindy & I have been talking of turning a pretty clean '72S into just another clapped out high miles car...life isn't a dress rehearsal. I'm still mulling the idea over, because frankly, at this stage in life, road trips just aren't the fun they used to be.
    I smell smoke.

Best,

Tom

PS: go for it.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

The first thing I do when I buy a used car is take off the car seat covers and sit in and injoy the original upholstery, remove the dash covers and injoy the look of the original interiour, bras etc. gone. I do thank the first owners for keeping them in a state where I can injoy them like I just brought it new, but I have always wondered about their motivation. I guess my pleasure has to be more than just ownership and bragging rights, I need to use the cars as "cars" cool, historic, fun to drive, pleasing to look at, but a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz A. Ficke
    I do thank the first owners for keeping them in a state where I can injoy them like I just brought it new, but I have always wondered about their motivation. I guess my pleasure has to be more than just ownership and bragging rights, I need to use the cars as "cars" cool, historic, fun to drive, pleasing to look at, but a car.
    Fritz,
    My sentiments exactly....