Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Bare Fiberglass Engine Shroud

WANTED: Bare Fiberglass Engine Shroud

I am building an RSR-style 3.0-liter and I'm looking for the bare fiberglass engine "tin" and fan shroud.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

They are available from Martin & Walker in England. http://www.904gts.co.uk/
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

I can get these,let me know small (RSR) or stock fan shroud.
    #rennfrog

Contact Damon Josz @ Series 900 - he does everything you need (& more besides!):

series900@nhvt.net
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Clear shroud

Hello: You can get them from GT racing or Getty Design. What other 3.0 RSR stuff do you need? Thanks Eric

Getty Design makes most of the "kit" marco. ask them to bake it to give it a old car look
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Thanks, everyone. All very good suggestions if I had deep pockets.

I was hoping to find the stuff used ... if it exists.
    -Marco

RSR stuff not cheap.

Hello: Take it from someone who has been looking for these parts for years. The real RSR stuff is big money. If you find a real clear shroud you will need the small fan and housing as well. Can you say big money. If I was you I would build a 3.0 engine from a sc and put on some Webers or PMO's and be done with it. If you want to do a MFI unit then again big money. You could do a converted stock type MFI for less though. Good luck and sorry to burst your bubble. Thanks Eric

Eric, we've never met and we've never conversed so there's no way I expect you to know this.

A bit about me: I'm the son of a Porsche mechanic and I am a Porsche mechanic myself. I have access to all kinds of random stuff - like the small fan and fan ring you mentioned. I've grown up in these cars, built numerous Porsches for customers, and built my first Porsche (a 914-6 hot-rod) when I was 16. I know this stuff costs $$$$ and I'm prepared to spend it. All I said was that I'm looking for used parts as opposed to new stuff - I love the petina of used parts.

For what it's worth, I've already got the twin plug set-up, MFI pump, throttle bodies and lines, boat-tailed case with notched barrels, JE pistons, ARP rod bolts, light flywheel w/aluminum pressure plate, massaged 3.0-liter oil pump and hot-rod cams that I need. I'm just looking for the finishing touches.

So, while I know you're trying to help keep me grounded - which I appreciate - try to avoid discouraging me from building the motor/car that I want to build.
    -Marco

That was politely put...
    1970 911S Coupe (Burgundrot) (sold)
    1967 911 Coupe (Light Ivory) (mostly gone)
    1966 911 Coupe (Sand Beige) (sold)
    Van Diemen RF99 Formula Continental
    Citation F1000 on the way
    Van Diemen Hayabusa SCCA Formula S (sale pending)
    Other Early 911/912/914