Thread: How to find a nice 73 911S coupe?

How to find a nice 73 911S coupe?

Hello,

My wife's boss is looking for a 1973 911S coupe. He has looked at couple and has been disappointed so far. Any leads? He's looking for a restored or original example in excellent condition. He wants to "get in and go."

Thanks.

Chuck
    Annapolis, MD
    95 968 cabriolet
    69 911e 3.0 transplant (sold)

Does she get a raise for providing this information? If there is no monetary gain I would let him find it himself. He could hold it against her if he buys a turd. I'd get it in writing that anything she suggests warrants a pay-off and under no circumstances does any screw up on his part cause retaliation at work.
    Yep, just what everyone wants to fall into. A perfect 911-S. I had a nice one but she's gone to greener pastures. They are out there but tell "the boss" that he had better be ready to pay the piper.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Yes, the hunt can be challenging. Been down that road myself in my search for a nice early 911.

From my understanding the "boss" is ready to the price. He's the kind of guy that keeps driving up the price for us "poor folks."
    95 968 cabriolet

I'm sorta with Tom on this one. I'd play dumb. I've helped way too many people so far in life and it really dosen't pay. Of course, I've been way too indiscriminate of who I helped. I would still help out a fellow R Gruppe or Early S member.

Speaking of that, is the "boss" a registry member? No better way to show genuine interest than to be a member of this Registry. And, you might see that he learns the ways and means of early 911s. By that, I mean knowing all about the 911E as well. I'd take a better E over a 2nd place S any day. The fact that all my power comes on at 5500 rpm doesn't help me all that much. A nice even power curve with some torque would suit me fine. I plan on having just that when I finish my motor project.

Question

Hello, i would like to know, what would a 911 R 67 model would cost, a car with some racing history, i do not have one for sale, but i would like to find out on price for a good friend, who wants one. Also a place to start looking for one.

Thanks to all.

Santiago

Remember...no good deed goes unpunished.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by platas
    Hello, i would like to know, what would a 911 R 67 model would cost, a car with some racing history, i do not have one for sale, but i would like to find out on price for a good friend, who wants one.
    The last one I saw for sale was asking $350,000 USD. Check this site.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

I think what I might do is suggest some resources such as books and websites....including the S registry. I'd hate to see him buy a car and be disappointed because he doesn't know what to look for...
    95 968 cabriolet

Thumbs up

Thank you TT, i will passs the info, but i think his best bet would be to build a replica. I personaly like thr R gruppes also, just might build one, if this is hte route that most of the guys take. Asl open too suggestions!

Than you

santiago