Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great forum, great people

I can confirm that Spain has some of the best driving roads I have ridden anywhere in the world, many part financed by the EU, but that's fine by me as the police seem to turn a blind eye to bikers enjoying themselves. I'm sure Santiage can reccomend some good roads further south, but I have enjoyed motorycling on the mountain roads across the southern Pyranees in Catalunya.

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Santiago:

Well, I don't speak Spanish, and I have never been to Spain, but welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing pictures of your cars.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Unhappy

Hi Platas,
    Welcome aboard and make sure to get in touch with me if you end up going to Interlaken on Sept 17th.
    My girlfriend's family has a place in Marbella which we go to twice a year.
    There is a really nice drive thru the mountains between Marbella and Cadiz that I have doen a few times. But only in an Opel minivan.
    Spectacular views overlooking Gibraltar and Morocco as you cut back and forth thru the passes, but as the driver my job is to focus on the road and keep from going over the edge.....
    PS I have read somehwere that some millionaire bought a large piece of land outside of Rhonda and built a race track modeled after some of the most famous racetracks in the world.. Apparently he set it up so you could join as a mamber and use the track whenever you want. Besides driving your own car(s), the club gives you the option to rent one of their's. Anyone else read/heard of this?

Just googled the place I was refering to above. here is the link

http://www.chooseyourevent.com/RaceResortAscari

private racetrack club

5th Gear did a segment on this club. it was really fascinating and looked like a dream vacation spot. the track was designed to include famous sections/turns from tracks from all over the world. the owner has also built his own supercar which tiff had the pleasure of flinging around the track. and as mentioned previously, the club has it's own stable of cars including an impressive assortment of F1 cars. now if only those damn lotto numbers would come up...

Quote Originally Posted by execfin
    looked like a dream vacation spot. . . . . . . now if only those damn lotto numbers would come up...
    Spent some time browsing through their website. Talk about vacations of the rich and famous. Unfortunately I am neither rich nor famous.

Can you imagine renting it out for a Corporate Event? That's a different kind of corporation -- where can I sign up?????!!!!!

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Welcome Santiago. Good to have you aboard as a member!!

ps. I'm still keeping an eye out for that car we talked about (shhhh).

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Smile

Well the roads are great, speeding a must, but they are cracking down a bit, too many accidents, but still, down in Andalucia, places where you can just fly.
    Well everubody wellcome to come over, and it would be great if cars could come along, a big meet. And for those who dont speak spanish, just give me a call, i will help out.