Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 911

Yes - Porsche offered the coco matts for SWB cars. They are listed in my Porsche 911 Option/Accessory book dated Aug 1965.
    1970 911S Coupe (Burgundrot) (sold)
    1967 911 Coupe (Light Ivory) (mostly gone)
    1966 911 Coupe (Sand Beige) (sold)
    Van Diemen RF99 Formula Continental
    Citation F1000 on the way
    Van Diemen Hayabusa SCCA Formula S (sale pending)
    Other Early 911/912/914

Rear fog lights were fitted to the number plate panel in 1973 in around the same area as is shown in the photo but not sure about 1969.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Didn't meet reserve at $19,209....

I looked at the car....very nice...

My guesstimate is that it is a Euro import, has euro oel and druck on guages. Has incorrect (but in really nice shape) headlights from an SWB car.

Partial respray, still has original paint on roof, cowl, engine lid, license panel, passenger door and right rear quarter. No evidence of any collision damage, perfect door and panel gaps...doors shut very nice. Paint that was resprayed is older paint, decent shape, but a few door dings/minor chips on doors, very little in the way of chips on hood and front fenders....overall not enough to warrant a respray on the car...just buff the crap out of it in my opinion.

Near flawless original carpet...same for the headliner. Small crack in dash from speaker to vent, otherwise perfect. Original Blaupunkt Frankfurt. Seats are original with cord inserts, very nice shape. Door pockets good to very good, drivers side needs new bungee.

Undercarriage is virtually flawless, original uncracked and not peeling undercoating, no dents of any kind. This car has zero rust as far as I could see....nice front suspension pan, and spare tire area was sprayed with an undercoating for corrosion resistance to battery "juice"....no evidence of any corrosion at all. Jack points/spurs were perfect.

Chrome and anodizing was excellent, as were mirrors and glass.

Wheels are later flat 6's, spare is a steel wheel, toolkit bag is there, but no tools, original jack and handle. Original owners manual.

Car ran nice...but needs a partial tune in my opinion....just a light puff of blue smoke on startup. All service that was done was by Denny Akers, just a couple of tune ups and updated tensioners (not pressure fed style...). The engine compartment was tidy, but needs detailing, with a very nice "pad" that just needed regluing on right side. Nobody has visually messed with the engine compartment...everything that should be there, was there....

If it were me? Put in sport seats, early deep 6's, H-1's or H-4's, buff paint and drive....

Oh, by the way, it had one of the most perfect hood badges I have ever seen...

regards,
    Eric

eric - your best guess at a reserve?
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

No idea on reserve....

Forgot to mention one thing.....on the front suspension....at the forward point on the control arm...there is what's called a "bearing support"....essentially a cover over the leading edge of the control arm.

One side is missing...and it appears to have been taken a "hit" on a curb or something, as the bolt hole is twisted as well. Could take a little bit to fix....BUT, note that this is the only area of damage! The control arm and control arm bolts are perfect, and there is no twisting, or damage to any of the suspension components.....

regards,
    Eric

'69 911e

This car apparently sold late last week for a little over $22,000 - not to me. I had it checked out also and received very positive feedback.
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Purchased by a friend of mine from San Diego..... He's a longtime multiple 356 owner who has been looking for a good early 911 for some time now.

Eric