Thread: WTB:working MFI transducer

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!

WTB:working MFI transducer

I need a MFI transducer for a 1969 911S. Must work. Part number:
    0 336 611 001 12V/

don

Have you tried the dealer? Really though, sometimes (especially in the case of 35 year-old electronics) it makes sense to buy new.

Thumbs up

Ha Ha, buy a new that's a good one!!!! I now have two nonworking transducers. I think I will have them rebuilt so I have two good units and keep the second as a spare or sell it (if I sell it I will guarantee the buyer's money back). Rebuilding is much cheaper than new and it is guaranteed to work so I don't have to worry about buying a used unit and having it not work and not be able to get a refund (like I recently went thru).

don

Quote Originally Posted by dhopkins
    Rebuilding is much cheaper than new and it is guaranteed to work so I don't have to worry about buying a used unit and having it not work and not be able to get a refund (like I recently went thru).
    So why are you still looking to buy one if you have two that can be rebuilt, and you are afraid of being burned in the used market? This doesn't make sense to me.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Quote Originally Posted by dhopkins
    Ha Ha, buy a new that's a good one!!!!
    Really? You seem to have had such bad luck with buying used I would think you might try a different avenue. Or get one of yours rebuilt. No offense, but how many times do you have to hit your head against a wall to realize that it feels good when you stop?

By the way, you do know that these transducers have a very high failure rate thirty years on, don't you? The chance of finding a working unit just lying around is fairly unlikely.

Talking

I guess I just keep hoping b/c I have had pretty good success in buying used parts up until now. The only other used part that has not been as promised was a Blaupunkt radio and the guy refunded my money. Generally I have a positive view of human nature and assume people will not sell parts that do not work. Recently I bought a 1963 356B and the seller could not have been more honest or more helpful.

don

I may have what you are looking for. Could you post a photo and part number? I have lots of electronics that came with some early cars that I have owned.
    PS If what I have doesn't work, just return it and I'll gladly refund your money. What is the going rate for a good one? I'll sell mine for fair market value.
    Bobby Smith

Thanks, but I have already sent a transducer to Otto's of Venice to be rebuilt. They said it would be about $75.

don