Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911-73-Targa

Question 911-73-Targa

Not mine, are those real sport seats ?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem

Yes those are period correct sport seats. They don't seem to BE recovered correctly, nor do the head rests seem to match. Two different styles. The VIN the seller lists is for a '73 S Targa. I wonder if that # in the listing is correct?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Under the basic info section it is stated as a 911 T. Made me wonder when he said upgraded brakes to S. If the VIN # is stated wrong then what else is a farse.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

The VIN could be 9113510661 which would make it a '73 T Targa.

However, a seller who's never sold on ebay before (registered with ebay on 12th August), uses the "bidder user ID kept private" facility & offered a Buy it Now price of $4k ( ) after all the expense he incurred on it, makes me suspicious...

However, it could be the bargain of the year (depending on the supposed final price).

Maybe I'll contact the seller...
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Frankly, it looks like a ruse... check the guy's EBay name.
    1970 911S Coupe (Burgundrot) (sold)
    1967 911 Coupe (Light Ivory) (mostly gone)
    1966 911 Coupe (Sand Beige) (sold)
    Van Diemen RF99 Formula Continental
    Citation F1000 on the way
    Van Diemen Hayabusa SCCA Formula S (sale pending)
    Other Early 911/912/914

I emailed the seller asking about the VIN# & why the Buy it Now price was only $4k - this is the reply I got:

Hello,
    I'm really sorry for this late reply but I have been very busy lately and away from a computer . The car is located in Newark - OH, in excellent running and body condition ,no flaws on it or any other mechanical problems. It has a clear title and it will be signed and notorized on your name as soon as the payment will be completed.
    The price is only $4,000 including shipping costs anywhere in the continental US. There are no other costs regarding this transaction.
    Regarding the payment I am aware of the buyer's protection and we will use Ebay's motors vehicle purchase protection program which will hold the payment until you receive the car. You'll need to make a deposit for the total amount of $4,000.00. To complete payment the buyer must have cash available. By making a deposit you are not buying the car ,is just the way the program works (and in case you buy the car it will give you a 1 month/1000 miles guarantee).However , it is 100% refundable if the car is not as described .
    If you are interested in this car please provide me the follwing informations necessary to take a decission :
    -your full name and address for shipping
    -your phone #
    -any negative feedback and if so .... for what reason .
    If I receive the requested information you will be informed by eBay during the next 12-24 hours with details about your purchase.
    The car will be inspected and evaluated by eBay's team so there is no need to ask me about it's condition as long it will be a guaranteed purchase by eBay.
    Thank you, Daniel Ruse
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

The guy sounds like a crook. When I see anything written with that typically poor English - like - "please provide me the follwing informations necessary...", I immediately assume the worst. And he wants a the full price of the car as a deposit? This should be reported to EBay.
    Other Early 911/912/914

Besides, the guys name does not come up in whitepages.com for anywhere in Ohio. Adds to my uncertainty...
    Other Early 911/912/914

This program is provided by eBay Motors for FREE on all eligible transactions completed on the eBay Motors site:

Vehicle Purchase Protection
    Ensures that you receive the vehicle you paid for, with coverage upto $20,000 against fraud or material misrepresentation.

Condition Guarantee by Seller
    Gives you extra confidence that the vehicle's condition is accurately described and protects you if the actual condition is significantly different

Short Term Service Agreement
    Protects you against major mechanical failiures in the vehicle's powertrain for one month or 1,000 miles

If you want the car, GO FOR IT!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

The best way to weed out a scam is to send an email saying you are in town & want to come & look at the car in person.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance of not getting a reply to that email