Not Mine, but description is not rusty

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...QQcmdZViewItem

parts are probably worth the buy price
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Hmmm

Not sure sure about that....

The car in fact is (IMO) only a parts car - but I still do not see it being worth anyone's time for over $1000

Parting a car is a PIA - excluding transporting the darn thing and wrestling with all of the rusted bolts trying to get the thing in pieces to sell.....

It's a shame.....

PS Retract my statement if it has deep sixes

WOO HOO...trailer park 911!!!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Post What would it cost?

Not that I'd do it but for reference sake what would it take to get this car back on the road? Assuming you did the work yourself and weren't going for concourse what are the costs for something like this? I'd also like to know what it would cost to rebuild a roller?

I hate to see these cars just sit and rust.

Thanks in advance,
    -JB

Seriously: A CRAPLOAD of money. There is no estimating the depth of the iron cancer on that thing.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Dear Junkley - to give you a more considered answer is pure speculation, but here goes: You would spend $10,000 on the drivetrain to get it running. And then you would be driving a very ugly Porsche. So forget the rust, drive a bucket, go get a $599 paint job at Macco, slap in some repro US interior pieces and spend another $2,000. Oh, you want tires, suspension and electrical system in working order? Say, another $2,000. So for around $15,000 cash you are looking good in the trailer park. There are better ways to throw that money away.